Chapter 43 - Anxiety.

You can play the song above now if you'd like.

____________________________________

It's been a month, almost two, since that all went down. It's been a rocky recovery.

Grayson and Ethan didn't immediately talk to each other. I had to bring those two hard headed people together to talk. We all talked. Their bond is back, that's all I wanted for them.

Grayson is still a little over protective when Ethan is around me but it's getting better. We're building our trust up again. Grayson and I have been good, we're just taking things slow. We both thought it was best if we took our time.

Lately I've been dealing with anxiety, I've always dealt with it but it's been bothering me and affecting me more than usual. Grayson's been very understanding, he struggles with anxiety as well. We're very patient with each other.

____________________________________

"You're going to be twenty four soon!" Grayson said as he walked into the living room with his cup of coffee. I'm sitting on the couch, hugging my knees.

I'm getting old.

"You're going to be twenty five." I said as I watched him sit across from me.

Grayson is a year older than me.

"We'll be the same age for a while." He said as he took a sip of his coffee.
"It's crazy how you meet me when I just turned twenty three, Liam was four!" I squealed.

Liam is currently five, his birthday is in January. He'll be six soon. Grayson will be twenty five soon. I'll be twenty four very soon.

"He's going to be six next year." He said happily.
"He's growing up so fast." I said with a sense of sadness setting in.

My little boy is growing up. I wish he would stay as a little baby. I'm not ready for him to be six, seven, eight, nine, then ten!

Suddenly I felt Grayson's arms wrap around me. He planted a kiss on my temple. I didn't notice him move over.

"Gray, do you think he's happy?" I ask.
"Of course he is Ashley. The happiness glows on his face whenever he's around us or just simply playing with his toys. Even when we walk around." He said as his hand rubbed along my arm.

"I feel like a horrible mom." I confessed as I look down at my knees in disappointment.

I am horrible mom. I should've been there for him more. He deserves better.

____________________________________

Grayson's POV:

Ashley's been struggling with her anxiety. It's a struggle mostly for her, I try my best to be there for her and reassure her of everything.

The other day she was questioning our relationship, which hurt. She thought I didn't love her, she thought I'd leave her again.

It's been hard. But she'll get through this.

"Ashley, you're an amazing mother to him. If you weren't, he wouldn't be this happy. You give him the world, you give him so much love." I said as I held her tight.

"You're an amazing mother and you'll continue to be one because it's in your heart. You have so much love and you care so much for him." I said.

She's crying in my arms. I wish I could do more but I know being here and talking to her is the most I can do for her.