Chapter 40 - Funny business.

I'll let you know when to play the song above if you're interested.

____________________________________

Putting on and taking off makeup to cover something is exhausting. It's only been a day, on to two days that I've been doing this. I have to wake up before Grayson and I have to wait till Grayson falls asleep. The hickey is still slightly visible.

I feel so guilty. The guilt is eating me alive. Ethan still wants to keep it a secret. He doesn't want to tell Grayson anything. I told him what he told me last night and he laughed. They're both so cocky and protective.

~

Ethan laughed.

"What's funny about that?" I asked slightly annoyed. I need him to take me serious.

"Little does he know, I already touched what's his. If only he knew I made you" I interrupted him.
"Ethan!" I whispered yelled.

He had the biggest smirk on his face.

~

"Can I take him to school today?" Grayson asked as he popped his head in the bathroom as I was finishing up doing my hair.
"Ask him." I said as I tried to focus on not burning myself.

"Well I did but I know I have to run it through you as well." He said happily.
"Yeah that's fine." I said as I was distracted. He thanked me and left.

I checked my hair and it seemed alright. I need to cut it soon.

Just as I'm putting my things away. Grayson walked in with Liam.

"Bye mommy." Liam said as he planted a kiss on my cheek and smiled.
"Bye bug, have a great day at school." I said as I planted a kiss on his cheek. He smiled even more.

"You look beautiful by the way." Grayson said as he admired me, I felt my cheeks heat up.
"Thank you." I said shyly.

And with that they left.

I walked into the kitchen and made myself some coffee. The smell of coffee in the morning is the best. Just as I looked around the apartment, I admired it. I love this apartment so much.

Suddenly I hear the door open and slammed.

I turn around and was greeted with Ethan. His hair is slightly messy and he has small beard going on, which looked great on him.

"Well a knock would be nice." I said slightly annoyed. I went back to my counter and started to prepare my coffee.

"You look hot." He said bluntly and whispered into my ear as his hand smacked my ass. My eyes widen and I felt my cheeks heat up immediately. I'm just wearing high waisted black leggings and a black crop top, the sleeves were short.
"Thanks." I said as I focused on my coffee.

"The slap wasn't cool though." I said with seriousness setting in my voice. He chuckled and leaned against the counter across from me.
"Sorry, your ass just looks great today." He said confidently with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, but he didn't see. I turn around and blew on my coffee lightly.

"Is the hickey gone?" He asked. I shook my head in disagreement and he let out a sigh.

"Did you do something with your hair today?" I asked as I took a small sip of my coffee.
"No, I haven't gotten a haircut." He said.

His jawline is well defined. The beard complimented it.

"Looks great long." I said.
"You want to pull on it as I eat you out?" He asked jokingly but a confident smirk was plastered on his face.

"Ethan!" I yelled slightly. He just laughed.

A silence fell between us. Ethan was looking out the window. He let out a sigh to break the silence.

"Have you gotten your period yet?" He asked.
"No." I admitted.

"Ashley." He said as he looked at me.

He's going to start again.

"No Ethan. Stop, I'm not." I said sternly as I set my coffee down.

"Can you please take a test if you're that sure about it then?" He said frustrated.
"No Ethan! I'm not pregnant." I said shaking my head.

"You're scared of finding out, you know that'll cause us trouble." He said frustrated.

I didn't say anything.

"You don't want to know because you don't want Grayson to find out." He said.

Play the song above now.

"Find out what?" Grayson asked.

My heart sank.
My eyes widen as my eyes met his.

Fuck.

"Nothing." Ethan said pissed and he looked away from me as he shook his head.
"No tell me." Grayson said as he walked into the kitchen.

No one said anything.

Grayson clenched his jaw. His eyes went to Ethan from me. I was looking down at my feet.

"What are you guys hiding?" He yelled. I jumped slightly.

I looked at Ethan. We can't get out of this one.

"We didn't want you to find out about a gift Ashley wanted to give you." Ethan said.
"Bullshit Ethan!" He yelled and his hand slapped the counter.

My body was shaking in fear. I don't know what to do or say.

"You said she didn't want to find out either." Grayson said upset.

We really can't get out of this one.

"Ashley what are you hiding?" He askdd and I felt his eyes on me.

The silence is driving Grayson crazy.

"What the fuck are you guys hiding from me!" Grayson yelled even louder and his hand hit the counter, harder.

My body was shaking and I felt like crying.

"Ethan." I choked up.
"Stop Ashley, stay out of it." He said sternly as he looked at me and he clenched his jaw.

I looked at Grayson and his breathing is heavy. His eyes looked at me and just stared at me. I couldn't move.

"Tell me, now." Grayson demanded. My eyes looked away and looked at Ethan.

"I slept with Ashley when you guys weren't together." Ethan said coldly.

Grayson didn't say anything.

"So that's my karma?" Grayson asked disappointed. No one responded.

"I guess it's fine, I mean I just don't want that happening again and I don't want any funny business going on between you two." He said serious and slightly upset.

"Gray." Ethan said with a sigh.

He's going to tell him.
No, fuck.

My body was shaking, I'm scared. This is going to break us.

"I think she's pregnant." Ethan said.