Chapter 42 - Congrats.

You can play the song above now if you'd like.

____________________________________

Ashley's POV:

"Open the door." Ethan said.
"No." I said.

"Ashley stop, open the door now." Grayson said sternly. I look in the mirror one last time before taking in a deep breath. I walk over and open the door.

I'm greeted by two tired and stressed out faces.

"What does it say?" They both asked at the same time as they stared at me with concern on their face.
"I haven't looked, I can't." I admit weakly.

The both furrowed their eyebrows.

"Why didn't you want to open the door?" Ethan asked curiously.
"Cause I'm scared." I said weakly as I look away from their eye contact.

Ethan pulled me into a hug but Grayson pushed him away from me. He clenched his jaw as his eyes moved away from us.

I turn around and take a look at the test. Here goes nothing. I take a deep breath. I look down at it.

My stomach sank.

I take a moment before turning around. They both anxiously waited for a reaction from me.

"It's negative." I said in relief. They both seem like they had weight lifted of their shoulders.

"I need to take another one." I said nervously.
"Why?" Ethan asked.
"Just in case." I said.

I've learned that it can be wrong. It can be that I took it early. But I don't think I did, they recommend to wait two weeks after missing your period and it has been two weeks, possibly more.

"Do you feel pregnant?" Grayson asked.
"No." I said.

"Then?" Ethan asked.
I explained to them and they nodded.

"But If it's been two weeks then doesn't it mean it's right?" Ethan asked.
"I think so, I hope so." I said nervously as silence filled the room soon after.

Suddenly Grayson's fist met Ethan's face.

"Grayson!" I yelled.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Ethan yelled as he held his cheek and looked at Grayson.

"Don't you dare get near Ashley like that every again Ethan, I swear to god I'll kick your fucking ass." Grayson said sternly as he pushed Ethan away. He left the bathroom and slammed the bedroom door.

Ethan looked at me.

____________________________________

"I'm sorry." I said as I iced where Grayson punched him.

"For?" He asked.
"This whole situation." I said.

Essentially it's my fault. This could've been avoided.

"It's not your fault. It's mine." Ethan said as he let out a sigh and looked away from me.
"Go check on him." Ethan added and so I did.

I walked in and saw Grayson laying in bed with his hands on his face.

"Grayson?" I whispered. His hands removed from his face as he looked at me.
"Come here." He said in his raspy voice. So I did, I walked over and sat next to him, but he sat me on top of him.

He's shirtless. My hands ran along his chest and down to his stomach.

"Don't ever do that again." He said as he looked at me.
"Of course not Gray!" I said taken back.

"Unless it's me, then it's okay." He joked. I laughed softly. My heart fluttered.

The room fell silent.

"Grayson, I'm sorry." I said softly.
"Ashley, stop." He said annoyed. My eyes just stare down at my hands that rested on his bare chest. I felt my stomach turn as I just think about everything from today.

"I'm tired of hearing sorry today." He said. I don't say anything. I continued to look down at my hand.

I don't know why but I felt a wave of sadness hit me. Is it possible that him telling me to stop when I apologized hurt? He's clearly annoyed with it. I wish I knew what he's thinking, what his exact thoughts were about the situation.

"Ashley I didn't mean it like that." He said as he let out a sigh and took ahold of my hands. My eyes follow my hands and he gently kissed mine. My eyes connect with his.

"I just want to get over this and pretend today never happened. I want to pretend the things you guys told me are not true." He said with a sigh. He can't just do that, you can't just runaway from it. We have to just accept it and move on from it. We all have to talk.

"I wish I knew what that pretty mind of yours is thinking about." He said as he pushed my hair away from my face and placed them behind my ear then his palm rested against my cheek.

I smiled lightly, my eyes went back down. He let out a sigh, he's frustrated.

"Gray." My voice came out weak.
He looked at me.

"We can't just pretend this whole day didn't happen, I mean I don't want to remember this day either but." I pause. My breathing is becoming uneasy.
"We just have to accept it and move on. We have to accept that this happened but that it'll never repeat itself." I said.

"I know, you're right. I just don't want to accept the fact that Ethan did something I've been holding off to do. I was waiting for the perfect time. I don't want to accept the simple fact that you and Ethan were intimate." He said slightly frustrated.
"That drives me insane, I'm so jealous if you haven't realized. I'm very protective of what's mine." He said as he held onto my thighs tightly.

He is. Grayson gets jealous easily at times and whenever he feels threatened, he gets protective.

"Like you said the other day, you didn't want to hear about other girls having what's yours. I don't want to hear about Ethan having what's mine." He said as his hand rested against my lower back.

He got me there.

"Can we go back to how things were?" I asked. He smiled, he reached over to the night stand and grabbed my engagement ring. He slid it on my finger and looked at me with a smile on his face. I lean down and plant a kiss on his lips. We both smiled as we pulled away.

Grayson and I's relationship has been a roller coaster. We love, fuck, fight, make up, love, fight, leave, come back to each other in the end because we can't leave each other. Sometimes I get tired of it, but I wouldn't want to do all this with anyone else. We're jealous and over protective people, it's not the best mix but we all have flaws. We'll work them out. We have to build our trust up again.

Couples fight, they yell, they tell each other they hate each other and they leave but they come back to each other because they love each other.

I love Grayson. He gives me headaches but it's the only headache I'd put up with.