Chapter 03 - Meet again.

You can play the song above now if you'd like.

____________________________________

"Liam are you ready for school?" I yelled as I'm rushing to gather our things. He comes running into the dinning room with his book bag on and his shoes in his hand.
"I need help with my shoes!" He said.

Once I get him ready, we start heading outside.
"Mommy today is Friday!" He said excitedly.
"It is!" I said as I helped into the car and rush into the drivers seat.

"All buckled up?" I ask as I toss my things onto the passenger seat.
"Yep!" He said happily.

I start making my way over to his school.

"I'm excited to have cake today!" He said excitedly.
"Yeah but you have to be good today, remember?" I said sternly. He nodded.

Liam's been counting down the days for this day. I don't know what it is but this little boy is excited.

"Okay bug, have a good day at school!" I said as I crouch down to plant a kiss on his forehead
"Okay mommy! I'll see you after school." He said with a big smile on his face. I pull him in for a hug and hug him tightly.

As I watch him run inside the little building, my heart sinks. This never gets easy, I just miss him. I snap out of my little heartache and head back to my car and make my way to work.

____________________________________

Work was okay, awfully busy.

I'm currently waiting for Liam to get out of school. Soon the place is filled with moms and dads waiting for their kids as well. I'll never get use to the weird looks I receive from parents whenever It's anything related to Liam. I'm too young to be a parent to them.

A rush of kids start coming out of the building and I look around for Liam.
"Mommy!" He yelled and ran towards me.
"Hey my little bug!" I pulled him into a hug. I feel his tiny little arms wrap around me and hug me tightly.

"So how was school?" I ask as we walk towards my car.
"I'm not telling!" He said with soft giggles.

"And why is that?" I ask and open the door for him.
Once I get into the car, we pick up the conversation.
"Because I want to tell you and Grayson." He said as he buckled himself in. I smile and watch him buckle himself in.

"Alright, we'll go home, wash up, and start heading over there okay?" I tell him.
"Okay!" He cheered.

____________________________________

"Maddie!" Liam cheered as we walk into the coffee shop hand in hand.
"Oh hey Liam!" She said cheerfully with a bright smile.

"What brings you guys here on a Friday?" She asked
"We're meeting up with a friend." I said as I hold onto Liam's hand.

Maddie and I chat for a bit until Liam shouts.
"Grayson!" He cheered as he lets go of my hand and ran towards him.

"Hey bud." He said cheerfully as he pulled him into a hug and carried him. My heart warms up at the sight of this.

"Oh he's hot." Maddie said to me. I chuckle softly as I continue to watch them. Grayson makes his way over to me with Liam in his arms.

"Hey." He said as he smiled.
"Hi." I greeted back with a smile.

"Would you like some cake as well?" He asked with a chuckle.
"C'mon mommy have some cake!" Liam cheered.

"Sure." I said as I reached for my wallet.
"Three chocolate cakes." Maddie repeated as she made her way around to the counter again.

"I got it." Grayson said as he swiped his card. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly.
"Thank you." I said shyly.

We make our way to a small booth that's in the coffee shop. This time, Liam sits next to Grayson. That little punk.

We begin to settle in by taking off our coats. Grayson wore a light gray sweater and black jeans.

"Three chocolate cakes." The waiter said as she served the cakes.
"Thank you." Grayson and I said in sync. Liam giggles to himself. That brings a smile to our face.

"Thank you once again." I said shyly.
"No problem." He said with a smile on his face.
That smile.

Liam began talking about his day at school to us and Grayson seemed very intrigued by it. He truly is great with kids and it's very attractive. Liam seems to be having a great time, I've never seen him this happy before.

"Mommy how was work?" Liam asked and surprised me.
"Work was fine, a bit busy." I said. Liam stared at me with much admiration, I love him.

"Where do you work?" Grayson asked as my attention draws towards him.
"I'm a secretary at a eye doctors office." I said. He seemed interested as I continue to talk about work.

"Do you work?" I ask.
"Yeah, my brother and I work for my dad's company." He said. He begins to go on about what he does and I listen closely.

____________________________________

"I'm full." Liam said tiredly as he set down the fork.

"What do you say Liam." I remind him.
"Thank you." He said with a big smile on his face.

"No problem bud." Grayson responded as he returned the big smile at him. This really makes my heart so soft.

Once we finish up we both head outside and decided to go for a walk together. I grab onto Liam's hand as he walks in between us and Liam reaches for Grayson's hand, Grayson smiles and takes ahold of his little hand. A smile forms on my face.

We just walk and talk about the city as Liam interrupts our conversation at times to talk about the lights around the city. It's a little chilly but not too chilly.

"I'm tired of walking." Liam said abruptly. I check my watch and notice it's just 7pm.

Grayson then picks up Liam and carries him. Seeing these two get along really makes me happy. Liam smiles as he lays his head on Grayson's shoulder.

"How old is he?" Grayson asked as we continue to walk closer to each other.
"Four." I said and smile to myself. He smiled as well and we continue to walk.

It's crazy how fast kids grow. Time flies by fairly quickly, It's a struggle at times but I wouldn't trade these moments for anything.

Grayson and I get to know each other a little more as we start heading back since Liam fell asleep. I learned that his brother is actually his twin and his name is Ethan. He's single, he's 23 years old, his birthday is in December.

I told him more about myself and how old I was. I slightly opened up about my situation with Liam and his father. Overall, it was a great outing.

Once we reach my car, Grayson helps me sit Liam down and buckle him in.

"Thank you for today, he was really excited." I said as we shut the door and I remember Liam's excitement.
"No problem, thank you for actually coming out." He said with a chuckle. I smile and let out a small chuckle.

"Would you like to hang out tomorrow night? Ethan and I are going to this party." He asked nervously. I think to myself for a second as I try to think who can take care of Liam for me tomorrow. I hope Julie doesn't mind.

"Yeah I'd love to." I said. He smiled.
"I'll pick you up at 8pm." He said.
We discuss the details quickly.

Once I got in the car I smile to myself. I look back and see Liam sound asleep. My little bug.

I think back about today and I really did enjoy myself. I'm glad Liam did as well.

Time to get home and text Julie.