Chapter 04 - Outside.

I'll let you know when to play the song above if you're interested.

____________________________________

"Thank you Julie, I'm so sorry for the late notice! This really means a lot to me." I said as I walked into her apartment with Liam.

"Hi aunt Julie." He said sweetly.
"Hey Liam!" She said cheerfully.

"No worries Ashley, I'm glad you're getting out the house for yourself." She said as she took Liam's book bag. Once I gave her his toys I explain everything to her, Liam has a set schedule before bed. This is the first time I'm being apart from Liam.

"I'll be back soon my bug. Please don't give aunt Julie a hard time." I said as I plant a kiss on his forehead and he smiled as I did.
"I won't." He smiled innocently. I smile back and look at him for a moment. I don't want to leave him.

"Thank you Julie." I said again as I sent her a smile.
"No problem! Girl go have some fun and be safe!" She winked and laughed softly.

"Julie!" I laughed.

Before I start heading out I stop at the door way and watch Liam play with his action figures from a show.

"He'll be fine Ashley ." Julie reassured me.

"I know, I just, I'm just being a mother." I laughed nervously and shook my head slightly.
"Go have some fun and be a normal twenty two year old." She said as she laughed.

I take a deep breath and head out.

____________________________________

Play the song above now.

Once I got home, I quickly get ready for the party. I put on a black lace crop top then pair it with black leggings and black heels. I straighten my hair and do my makeup nicely, nothing to over the top but nothing too simple.

I grab my coat and my phone rings. I run towards my phone and pick it up.

Grayson's here.

I head downstairs and look for his car. I see him come out of his car and flashes his smile. I walk over to his car and greet him.

"Hey." I said sweetly.
"Hey, you look great tonight." He said as his eyes wandered but then he lead me to the passenger seat.

"Thank you, you look handsome yourself." I said shyly and my cheeks begin to heat up.
"Thank you." He said with a smile on his face. Before he opens the door he said Ethan is in the backseat.

Once Grayson gets into the car, he introduced me to Ethan.

"Hi I'm Ethan." He said causally with a smile.
"Hi, I'm Ashley." I said with a smile. They lookalike but you can definitely tell their differences. Their voices are also different.

On the way to the party, Ethan and I got to know each other a little better.

____________________________________

The party is pretty fancy, It's being hosted on a very lovely loft. I felt a little out of place but Grayson made sure I was comfortable. He left to go get us a drink. I'm currently looking at the view outside and seeing all the lights from the city is beautiful.

"Gorgeous isn't it?" I hear someone say as they approached me. An older looking man, he's quite fit.
"Indeed." I said as I smiled to myself and continue to admire the view.

"What is a fine lady like you doing here by herself?" He asked as he got closer to me.
"I'm waiting for someone." I said as I laughed nervously. He smiled slightly as he grabbed my arm and I shift uncomfortably.

"I think we should get out of here." He whispered seductively into my ear.

Who does this guy think he is?

"Derek!" I hear Grayson call our happily as he walked in and handed me my drink. He placed his hand on my lower back and pulled me closer to him.
"Dolan!" The man said back as he let go my arm.

"What brings you here?" Grayson asked as he continued to hold me close.

"I was just talking to this gorgeous young lady. I didn't know she's with you, you shouldn't leave her alone Dolan." He said with a smirk on his face. I feel his eyes examine my body and it makes me shift uncomfortably. Grayson then gently pulls me to his other side so he's now standing where I was.

"I won't, but maybe you shouldn't be looking at her that way." Grayson said, his tone was deeper.

I really don't like this.

I take ahold of Grayson's hand and pulled him back slightly as he's too close to that guys face. His hand suddenly slipped back onto my lower back.

"Keep her close Dolan." He said as began to walk away.

"Goodbye beautiful." He said seductively before leaving. I feel Grayson tense up and I take ahold of his hand again and squeeze it slightly.

"I'm sorry about that, Derek is a douche." He said as he let out a sigh and looked at me.
"It's fine, thanks for coming on time." I said jokingly and I receive a small laugh from him.

We begin to look out to the city and it's nothing but a comfortable silence between us as we drink.

"Hey guys." I hear a familiar voice call out from behind us, Ethan. I turn my attention towards him and smile.

"What are you guys doing out here? The party is inside. It's great." He said as he stood in front of us.
"We're just enjoying the view." Grayson said as he turned around again.

"It's beautiful." Ethan said in amazement and got closer. I smile as watch these two look out towards the city lights. Grayson's attention turned towards me and he smiles.

"C'mon guys let's go inside." Ethan said as he headed back. Grayson and I follow. Grayson slid his hand on my lower back once again. I turn to him and smile.

I guess, here we go to the actual party.