Chapter 30 - Reassurance.

You can play the song above now if you'd like.

____________________________________

"Ashley." Ethan said in a soft whisper as he popped his head into my room.
"Hmm?" I hummed weakly as my eyes opened a little bit and adjusted to the small amount of light coming in from Ethan opening up the door.

"You need to eat." He said softly as he walked into my room and laid next to me in my bed.

It's been 2 weeks since that all happened.

"I'm not hungry Ethan." I said weakly as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.
"Can you just eat a little?" He whispered into my ear. I shook my head in disagreement and he let a sigh out. He laid on his back.

"I'm sorry I'm being difficult." I said as guilt filled my mind. He shouldn't be dealing with this.
"You're not." He said as he looked at me. He pulled me on top of him and he hugged me.

I'm being difficult, I know it, but I can't help it. This all doesn't feel real, I'm so hurt. Grayson cheated on me, yet I miss him so much. I miss him and I just want him to hug me and tell me he didn't mean to, that we can just fix this.

But we can't.

"Ethan, are you okay?" I ask as I look up at him and notice him staring blankly at the ceiling. I mean, he did get cheated on as well. We're both hurting.
"I'll be fine." He said with a slight smile as he stared at the ceiling a bit more then looked down at me.

"Ethan." I said as I gave him a look, he's lying. He flashed me a slight smile. I sat up in his lap and I rest my hands on the side of his face.
"It's okay to be upset." I said softly as I press my forehead against his.
"I know, I just. I'm just worried about you." He said as his eyes shot down and he let out a sigh.

He needs to take care of himself.

"I'm fine E, You need rest." I said but he laughed.
"You're not fine Ashley, you know that." He said as he gave me a look.

He's right. I'm not but, I don't know.

"E, go home and rest." I said softly as I sat up.
"Ashley, I can't. I can't go home because it reminds me of her and I don't want to be alone. I want to be here with you and Liam." He said slightly frustrated. His hands laid on my back and he held me close.

"We'll be fine soon." He said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled to myself.

I hope so.

____________________________________

My phone rang again and again.

It's Grayson.

I turn around and run my fingers through my hair. I shut my eyes tightly and just remembered everything. How were we so good not that long ago?

I remember all the times he made me laugh.
I remember all the times he said he loved me.
I remember all the times he made love to me.
I remember all the times he made me yell because he pissed me off.

I remember us.

~

"You're ugly." I said jokingly as I straddled his waist and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Well, so are you." He said jokingly with a smirk on his face as he kissed me.

~

"Fuck off." I said as I looked at him. Grayson's being annoying. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.