Chapter 37 - Hickey.

You can play the song above now if you'd like.

Highly recommend.

____________________________________

"Grayson!" Liam yelled excitedly.

My heart dropped.

Ethan quickly pulled away and turned around. I turned around as well, why would Liam just yelled that?

I froze.
He's right there.

My heart was beating quickly. Just the sight of him made me happy.

"Hey bud!" He said happily as Liam ran towards him and Grayson carried him.

They both hugged each other tightly. Liam was so happy, so was Grayson.

Ethan froze, he didn't move at all.

"Ashley." He said in almost a whisper. I looked at him confused. He sounded slightly scared.

"Go cover your hickey." He swallowed the lump in his throat.

My heart stopped.
The hickey.

I quickly made my way towards my room and started looking for my makeup, I had to cover this up fast.

My mind races as I do my makeup. If Grayson sees this, he's going to kick Ethan's ass. I know he shouldn't be upset but he will and it'll start a fight. If he finds out about anything that's happened between us, he'll kill him.

Once I'm done, my eyes fixed on the area. I think I did a pretty good job hiding it. I take a deep breath in and walk out of my room and into the living room.

Our eyes met.

I felt my whole body freeze. My heart began beating fast.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He held me tight and he cried softly. I couldn't move, physically couldn't. My body wouldn't budge to even hug him or push him away. I took in his scent, I miss him. I missed the comfort his arms brought to me, I missed him.

My eyes wonder off and fixed on Ethan. His jaw clenched and he looked away as he noticed I saw him.

Grayson pulled away and just looked at me. He had tears running down his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry." He said crying. My heart was breaking.

"I fucked up, I know I did. But Ashley, I'm willing to do anything to fix us. I can't handle being away from you. I can't handle being away from Liam. I'm willing to give you time or space so we can work. I need you, I love you Ashley." He cried.

My heart was beating faster by each word he said.

"I'm sorry Ashley, I'm so sorry. You have all the right to be mad at me and not to forgive me. But I need you, I want you. I want to love you, I want to start over and do things all over again. I want to make it right." He said as he held my hands.

"Grayson, I, I don't know." I said as my head was spinning.

"I want to make things right again too, I want us again. But it still hurts. I need to start over again. We need to take our time." I said as my heart ached.
"I'm willing to go as slow as you want, If you need time still then so be it. I just want to make things right and I want to work on us." He said as he leaned in.

His lips were just a few inches away. Our eyes locked.

I smiled and nodded.

A smiled formed on his face as he hugged me tightly.

____________________________________

Ethan's POV:

I knew they would end up back together. I don't know why but it hurts a little. I'm just glad they talked already.

As I watch them, Liam did as well. He was smiling and jumping in excitement. I smiled.

Suddenly a rush of worry and concern came over me. If Grayson finds out Ashley and I were hooking up, he's going to kill me. I'm sure if it was a one time thing he wouldn't be too mad because he did the same thing. But it happened twice.

The hickey. If he sees the hickey, I'm dead.

Wait.

The first time, I didn't pull out.
Has Ashley had her period yet?

Grayson can't find out, Grayson definitely can't find out about this.

"Ethan, you look like you've seen a ghost." Grayson said as Ashley was right behind him.
"I, I just don't feel too well." I said nervously.

My eyes met Ashley's. She furrowed her eyebrows as she watched me.

"What's wrong?" Grayson asked.
"I feel nauseous." I lied.
I can't tell him.

"Grayson! look! look!" Liam yelled as he took his hand and lead him to his bedroom.

I watched them walk away and Ashley stared at me.
"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Are you guys back together?" I asked bluntly. She seemed taken back from that.
"Ethan, I don't know. We're just taking things slow." She said as she looked at me then back down at her hands.

"The hickey." I said in a whisper. Her eyes widen. She started panicking and her breathing was becoming uneven. I'm sure she thought more into then intended.

"Ashley relax." I said as I got closer to her and I held her arms, trying to calm her down.
"Ethan, he's going to kill you." She said breathlessly.

"It's all my fault." She said as she pulled away. She's panicking a lot and I don't want her to have a panic attack.
"No stop, It's not your fault. It's fine, we're going to be fine." I told her and hugged her. But she pushed me away and walked towards the balcony, trying to open the door but couldn't cause she couldn't stop shaking.

What is she doing?

I run over towards her and pull her away.
"What are you doing?" I asked as I looked at her worriedly.
"I need air!" She yelled and panicked more.

I quickly start opening the door to the balcony.

"What's going on?" I hear Grayson ask as he stepped closer to us and Ashley was crying at this point.

Once I got the stupid door to open, she ran out and started to relax.

"Grayson wait, leave her alone." I said as he was going to go after her. He looked at me confused.
"What happened?" He asked worriedly.
"She's having a panic attack." I said.

Fuck, what did I do.

"Why? What happened? What did you tell her?" He quickly asked all these questions and I felt anger build up.
"Shut up Grayson!" I yelled.

He stared at me and then quickly ran towards the balcony but I pulled him back.

"I said give her space!" I yelled.
"Fuck off Ethan, she's my girlfriend." He pushed me away.

"Mommy!" Liam yelled as Grayson and I head shot towards him and he was crying.

"Liam it's okay!" I said as I made my way towards him but Grayson pushed me away and carried him.
"Grayson are you serious?" I said as I'm baffled.

This is a child, why is he still being petty in front of him.

"What's wrong with mommy?" Liam asked as he cried softly.
"She's okay bud, she just needs some air." Grayson said as he tried to sooth him down.

I look back at Ashley and she's just standing there, her hands on the rail.

I did this to her. I shouldn't have told her.

We just need to fix this.