Choice

Luna's POV:

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from her!? Maybe beating your fucking skull in again will help you understand!"

Ren immediately threatened Danny as he continued to hold onto my arm! As much as I appreciate him putting some distance between Danny and me. I'm still fairly angry at Ren for what he did this morning, but as I tried shaking off his grip he instantly let me go! Looking down at the written paper I held, I saw some digits that were probably Danny's number. However, I was only able to see it for a split second until the heavy winds blew it out of my hands so suddenly!

"Relax, I was just trying to apologize to her. That's all..."

Danny calmly said with a sarcastic smirk, he didn't even look intimidated or nervous at all with how he was speaking. Though the goosebumps in my body ran through me the very instant Danny looked at me, his horrible smile made me quickly avert my stare as I noticed the piece of paper that he had given me was only a few feet away from where we were standing!

"Just stay the fuck away from her..."

As Ren continued with his threats, I slowly began to step away from both of them, hoping they wouldn't notice me gone. I needed to get Danny's note to make sure I memorized his number correctly. I'm still debating on whether or not I should still go to this party, it sounds dumb, but I need to know what happened to Eli. And if someone at the party has an idea or knows about his whereabouts, then I have to take this chance. But as I inched closer to picking up the note off the floor, it was quickly snatched away from my grasp! Looking at who picked it up, it was no other than Ren himself!

"Hey! Give that back to me right now!"

I yelled out as I tried to snatch it back, but with Ren being so much taller than me...it was completely out of my reach when he raised his hand! Quickly looking around, I saw that Danny had already left...

"Are you deaf? I said give it back, asshole!"

I shouted once again as I desperately jumped to take back the note! Though I was unable to grab it, this is so annoying!

"Have you lost your damn mind?! Do you believe that Elijah will be at this stupid party tonight!? And do you plan on going with Danny, I know you've been going through a lot... but this is just stupid even for you!"

Ren said with disappointment and anger, his tone was stern as he refused to hand me the paper!

"What, are you eavesdropping on my conversations now!? And if anyone is stupid here it's you! Because last time I checked, I told you to stay away from me!"

I shouted back in annoyance as I began pulling on his sleeve to bring his arm down!

"Luna! Just stop already! Look at how you're acting, this isn't you!"

Ren responded out of stubbornness as he grabbed my arm forcefully! Pulling me towards him, he looked directly at me in disappointment. Looking at his reaction, I realized that he was right. This isn't me, to be lashing out at people. Being so complicated with others...I've just been a wreck and I don't know how else I should be.

"You say this isn't me...and maybe your right. But do you have any right to say that? After what you did this morning to me."

As I reminded him of his actions, I was taken aback by how close we were! Our faces were almost touching one another, and our lips were practically an inch away from touching each other! Ren realizing how close we were, he quickly let go of my arm and took a step back. Looking away, I tried to calm my beating heart as I felt my face growing warm. Am I blushing? No, of course, I'm not...I'm sure it's because I'm frustrated.