Chapter 19: Apologies

-_- that's all I have to say. xx.

****Zayn’s POV****

I peered in quietly at Amelie as she picked up the necklace. She threw it back down on the bed and sighed.

“His plan isn’t going to work,” she spoke softly and I walked by not being able to watch her anymore. My plan wasn’t over yet. The next step was for me to call Phillip and apologize. I grabbed my phone and typed in his number. I cleared my throat loudly as the phone began to ring.

“Hello?” he answered angrily and I took a deep breath.

“Hello! Is this Phillip?” I spoke loud enough for Amelie to hear. I braced myself for when she walked in, but she hadn’t come in yet. Maybe I wasn’t loud enough…

“Uh…yeah?” Phillip replied uncomfortably and I nodded.

“How are you doing PHILLIP?” I yelled and I heard someone running down the hall. Amelie ran in and was giving me a death glare along with a look of shock.

“What the hell are you doing?” she mouthed reaching for my phone. I pushed her hand away.

“I’m fine, who the hell is this?” he asked growing irritated. Amelie was pacing the floor while watching me the entire time.

“This is Zayn Malik. Member of One Direction. Amelie was staying with us, and I’d just like to apologize to you for what I did. I didn’t like you, so I tried to hurt you, but you made Amelie happy. I shouldn’t have interfered,” I spoke catching Amelie’s eyes for a minute. I saw her eyes softening as I spoke.

“You? You’re the reason she broke up with me?” he asked now growing furious.

“I’m the ass who made her break up with you, yes. Now, I’m truly sorry for all of this. I just want Amelie to be happy, and if being with you makes her happy then that’s what I want for her,” I whispered staring into Amelie’s eyes the entire time.

“Have a good day Phil,” I spoke hanging up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and handed Amelie a slip of paper before I left my room.

****Amelie’s POV****

Forgiving Plan

2. Grow up and apologize

I continued to stare at the paper. Sure Zayn had been apologized, but that still didn’t make me forgive him. I took a deep breath and walked out of Zayn’s room as I set the slip of paper with the roses, jewelry, and other note. I looked at all the things and it really just made me wanna run up to Zayn and start making out with him, but another part of me wanted nothing to do with him ever again. Harry walked past my room as I was groaning.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked coming in my room. He and I hadn’t really talked that much since I’d moved in.

“Zayn is making everything so hard,” I whispered with a laugh as I pointed to the small pile forming on my coffee table. He chuckled going through everything.

“He really does care about you,” Harry whispered setting down the necklace and looking at me seriously. I nodded gently as Harry came over and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Do what makes you happy. That’s all that matters,” he whispered pressing a kiss to my cheek before leaving my room.

“Hey, wanna go for a walk?” Liam asked poking his head in my room. He was smiling and I figured I had nothing better to do. It was strange for Liam to be asking me, but I figured it was because Danielle was out of town right now.

“Give me a minute to change,” I replied and he nodded shutting my door. I put on some jean shorts and a peachy colored shirt before coming out and linking my arm with Liam’s.

“Ready?” he asked and I nodded as we set out onto the nature path behind the house.

“Feeling better today?” Liam asked and I nodded resting my head on his shoulder as we walked.

“Well, I leave you here now for your next escort,” Liam spoke and I frowned up at him as he removed his arm from mine and I saw Louis walking over with his arm outstretched.

“Good day Amelie!” Liam called as Louis helped me into a small peddle boat. What in the world was the escort thing? Where were we going?

“I’m still so freaking tired,” Louis moaned as we peddled across the small lake.

“Go to sleep then,” I laughed as we arrived to a small island where Niall and Harry stood grinning like idiots.

“Somebody better tell me what the hell is going on!” I exclaimed as Louis lifted me up and set me on land. He winked and waved as he peddled off. Niall and Harry lifted their arms through mine and literally carried me along.

“Enjoy the show,” they said in unison as they set me down in a chair looking up at an empty stage.

“Step three, apologize to the girl you love,” I heard Zayn say as he stepped onto the stage.