Piece By Piece

The soldiers were fighting their own brethren.  The dead soldiers were now occupied by Shadow Soldiers and was controlled by the Old Magic. No matter how much the Shadow Soldiers were stabbed or sliced, they kept on attacking Misah's soldiers.  Even with one arm, one leg or a headless body, nothing could stop the Shadow Soldier's possession of the dead soldier's body.  Once a soldier died by the hands of a Shadow Soldier, they too were possessed by a Shadow Soldier. 

As the soldiers were slowly overtaken by the Shadow Soldiers, Akari and Dark Misah fought for their lives.  Dark Misah and Akari held the same magic elements of lightning and water.  They were unable to fully kill each other, however Dark Misah could not suppress Akari. 

Akari's magic was Old Magic, while her magic was Dark Magic.  Akari was also blessed with an extra magic element, fire.  With Akari's fire, she slowly burnt Dark Misah's body that even her bones were exposed. 

Dark Misah was unable to keep up with Akari's speed as well.  Akari was too fast for Dark Misah to counterattack.  Dark Misah could only try to minimize the the wounds on her body.  As long as Dark Misah had a body, the Dark Magic could still exist.

Every time Akari set Dark Misah on fire, she would use her water magic to put out the fire. Akari quickly attacked Dark Misah with her fire daggers.  She cut through Dark Misah's body slice by slice, playing with Dark Misah's true death.  She wanted to make sure that not one inch of Misah's body could reawaken or be recognized.

From top to bottom, every slice Akari made, flesh fell onto the ground and was burned into ash by her fire.  Even with missing organs, Dark Misah kept retreating away from Akari.  Her lightning and water weapons did not deter Akari from attacking her.  Dark Misah's shields were all broken and destroyed by Akari's fire daggers. 

Dark Misah had no way to attack or defend.  She could not retreat as well.  Akari did not allow her to.  Akari was slowly destroying her bit by bit. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Dark Misah screamed in frustration.

It had been a long time since the Dark Magic felt so frustrated with uselessness and despair. For centuries, it had hidden itself from the Light Magic.  Nursing what little magic was left in the world.  It had finally arisen since the Mage Wars to be cut down, piece by piece. It was humiliating. 

The Dark Magic thought it chose the right person to be it's vassal, for it's great return.  However it's expectations were too high.  Misah was a useless servant and now her body was a useless shell.  It didn't know if it will ever be able to return to the physical world and destroy everything.

Piece by piece, Dark Misah's flesh and organs were cut off and burnt.  Soon Akari was fighting a skeleton and as each limb was cut off, Dark Misah could only lie still as Akari hacked at it's spine, ribs and neck.  She had decapitated Dark Misah's head from her body.  Dark Misah's skull stared hatefully at Akari. 

Dark Misah was unable to call upon her magic.  The moment Akari chopped off her magic core inside of her body and destroyed it with fire, was the moment Dark Misah ran out of any chances to survive.

Dark Misah's skull, opened her mouth to say something, however Akari did not give her a chance.  With her elemental sword, she embedded all her magic elements into it and smashed Dark Misah's skull into pieces.  Completely destroying any chance of Misah reawakening again.  Fire burned the pieces of skull into ashes.

The Dark Magic that controlled Misah's soul and body was purified by Akari's fire.  Misah would have no more chances to reincarnate and the Dark Magic was heavily injured.  It was weaker than it have ever been.  The Dark Magic was only a wisp of engery now and quickly hid itself underground. 

Akari looked around and she saw every soldier that surrounded her standing still.  Every soldier that was once alive, have all died and became one of her Shadow soldiers. 

So many lives were lost, due to Misah's ambition and delusion.  So many more lives will be taken to protect King Garrett and the people of Hiryir.

Akari unleashed her hold on the Shadow Soldiers and the dead bodies flopped to the ground lifelessly.  With nothing left, Akari slowly made her way towards Dean.