Break

The next few days, Rin stayed in his room as he recuperated. The only people he let inside his room was Akari, Donovan, Wuying and Delan.

Akrai visited him twice a day. Once in the morning and once before curfew. Only for a few minutes to check if he was alive and breathing. Rin grumbled each time she left. Calling her a rotten girl for not caring for him. But inside his heart, he was happy that she made time for him.

When he finally went to class, everyone was happy to see him. They welcomed him back with smiles and words of support. The moment he sat down, Kiko smiled brightly at him and hid her hurt feelings. She was always blocked from entering his room and was asked to leave.

She pouted in front of her friends, but in front of him, she smiled at him. She didn't want him to know of her grievances.

"Rin! How are you feeling?" Kiko asked as she touched his forehead.

Rin moved back quickly, dodging her hand and almost slid out of his seat.

"Kiko." Rin said as he looked at her. "I'm feeling better, however I don't want to pass my illness to other people, so don't touch me."

Kiko tooked her hand back and stepped back as well. Her face fell down to hide her hurt feelings, which made those around her want to comfort her. Kiko looked up at Rin and smiled tightly as she hid her emotions.

"You're right." Kiko said as she smiled at Rin. "I'm just glad you're feeling better."

As the day progressed, Kiko and Rin got into small disagreements. Her friends and his friends were stuck in the middle of them and didn't know what to do. When class finally finished for the day, they all met up at the back of the academy, like they usually did everyday. However Rin didn't want to go, he wanted to find Akari.

"Just go for a few minutes then you can go find Akari." Delan suggested. "If you don't go then we won't hear anything, but the girls complaining as to why you weren't there."

Rin frowned at Delan, however he followed them. When they all gathered together. The picnic was already spread out and the three girls were pouring tea for each other.

"You guys are finally here!" Mollie said as she sipped her tea. "We didn't think you guys would come today."

"Haha! Of course we would come." Wuying said as he sat down.

They all sat down and when the tea was poured and the snacks passed out to each person, did they began to relax.

Kiko sat silently with her head down and a frown on her face. Rin sat across from her, but he didn't even greet her when he came. He didn't drink the tea or touch the snacks. Instead he studied everyone's actions and words.

After a while the jovial conversation started to quiet down as they noticed Kiko's silent tears.

"What's wrong, Kiko?" Sophine asked as she hugged Kiko. "Why are you crying?"

Kiko shook her head no, but kept on crying silently, enduring her pain and frustration.

"Tell us. Maybe we can help." Mollie said as she reached out to squeeze Kiko's hand.

Kiko kept quiet, but her tears fell harder. Her shoulders shook harder by the minute.

"Say something!" Mollie shouted at Rin. "Aren't you worried as to the reason why she's crying?!?"

Rin couldn't look them in the eyes. He was having a fight within himself. There was one side of him that wanted to grab a hold onto her and hold her tightly to him. He wanted to wipe her tears away and kiss her until she stopped crying. Then there was this other side of him that wanted to hit her. Wanted her to suffer. Wanted to get away from her because he was disgusted of her.

Rin was in an internal struggle with himself and didn't care what was going on around him.

"You're really not going to comfort your girlfriend!" Sophine shouted. "What kind of a boyfriend are you! Do you even care about Kiko?"

"Sophine..." Kiko softly said before breaking into a sob. "Don't yell at him..."

Sophine want to argue with her, but seeing how hurt Kiko already was, she didn't want to add more pain to Kiko.

Rin felt his head hurting again. It was as if it was telling him to run away from Kiko and find Akari. Rin quickly got up.

"Rin!" Kiko cried out at she saw him stand up.

"We're through." Rin said between this teeth. The pain was getting harder and harder to endure. "You and me. We're over. I'm breaking up with you. Don't come find me anymore. It's over."

"Why! Why are you doing this?!?" Kiko shouted.

She got up and wanted to lunge at Rin, however she was held back by Mollie and Sophine. Wuying stood up and blocked her way. Delan took a hold of Rin and held his shoulder. He could tell there was something wrong with Rin.

"Is it because of Akari!?!" Kiko shouted louder as she cried. "Did she tell you to do this?!"

"It has nothing to do with Akari." Rin told her as Akari's cold eyes flashed before his eyes. He felt a moment of respite before pain assaulted his head again. "Don't bring up her name between us ever again."

"After all Akari's done to Kiko, you're still going to defend Akari?" Mollie shouted.

"Akari never did what Kiko said Akari did. Akari would never do it." Rin defended Akari.

"That's what Akari wants you to think!" Sophine shouted.

"I know Akari would never bully anyone! It's not in her nature to care about insignificant things." Rin told them as he kept on thinking about Akari. Just thinking about her made him feel better. "And to her... all of you... are insignificant to her eyes. You're not even worth her time. Why would she bully you, when she could just kill you if she wanted to? You all blame her for things she hasn't done. And expect me to tell her off?!? I know her so much better than you all do! You're all just trying to drive a wedge between me and Akari!"

Rin ripped his hand away from Delan and glared at all of them.

"I meant what I said. Kiko, you and I are through. My friendship with Akari is something you all cannot touch. Spread rumors about her again and I'll make sure you'll regret saying her name!"

Rin glares at them one more time before leaving them behind. He needed to see Akari. His heart was telling him to run to her. He was afraid she would disappear and never come back.