Old Magic

Dark Misah just laughed louder and louder.  Her maniacal laughter brought chills to everyone's soul and made the hairs on their arms stand up. 

Akari's heart and soul had already blacken so she didn't feel the fear that everyone else felt.  With her heart broken, she didn't care for anyone else.  Her parents would be fine, they were safe and sound.  Everyone else that stood in her way of revenge would die, she would paint the road red with blood into reincarnation.  She figured that since the Gods wanted to play with her life so much, what should it matter to her karma if she was destined to live the same life over and over and not find any kind of a happy ending?

Her anger overwhelmed her senses and took over her.  A strong wind began to move around them, it swirled pass the forest, shaking the trees vigorously.  The bushes and grass swayed back and forth along with the strong wind, picking up the dirt and debris.  The wind swirled around the soldiers and Dark Misah harshly. 

Every soldier locked their knees and huddled together. All of their eyes were closed, fearing that the strong breeze would knock them over.  Akari's clothes and hair fluttered wildly as the magic air gathered from miles away towards its target.  The magic was carried on the back of the strong gale wind, directly towards Akari.

Akari opened her arms wide, as if she was welcoming Dean back into her arms.  But instead of Dean, it was the elements of a magic force, so deep and so wide that it could cover a whole mountain. It directly entered Akari, filling her veins, her bones, and her magic core completely.  And even if it was full, Akari kept absorbing all the magic that she conjuered from her anger.

All at once, her three elements rose up from her body.  Fire, lightning and water mixed together into in a monsterous beam that directly reached the skies.  It was as if she was lighting a beacon to call the attention of the Gods. It was to let Them know that she was alive and still persisted through all Their twisted games They threw at her.

The beacon was telling the Gods to watch and see, how she was going to destroy those that went against her.  It was Akari warning the Gods to stop playing around with her life, or else she would go against Them.

The beacon widen and grew for a moment before disappearing completely.  The soldiers all look at Akari with awe and fear.  She was a monsterous mage.  With all of her powers and unlimited magic energy that she called upon, how were they going to defeat her?

The ground began to shake, the fallen soldiers who died by Akari's hand began to shake as well.  A dark cloud encased their dead bodies, entering their bodies through their nose and mouth. 

"What are you doing?"  Dark Misah asked as she looked at the dead bodies that were being taken over by shadow soldiers.   Fear quickly gripped her heart.  The Dark Magic recognized what was happening to the dead soldiers and the Dark Magic was not strong enough to defeat it. 

It has been a long time, since the Mage Wars, that a mage could call upon Light Guardians and Shadow Soldiers.  The old magic had long disappeared from the world and no mage since the Mage Wars was strong enough to call upon it.

The magic that Akari called on was old magic.  Magic that did not belong to the Light or the Dark.  It was magic that was created by the Gods when they first created the world.  Magic that was buried deep inside of the world's center core that kept the world alive. 

Akari could feel all of her senses come alive.  She felt as if every particle of her body had meaning.  She was filled with endless energy that swirled around her and inside of her.  She felt invincible.

When Akari moved towards Dark Misah, it was only an afterimage that everyone saw.  One moment she was standing in the middle of the field, the next moment, she was behind Dark Misah.  Her dagger plunged into Dark Misah's body.  Dark Misah was too slow to dodge.  The daggers passed through her back and into her chest.  Blood flowed freely down the wounds, however Dark Misah was still standing. 

The daggers lit up with fire, burning Dark Misah's body.  Her body caught on fire, however, she still stood tall as if she did not feel any pain. The Dark Magic had long taken over Misah's body and mind.  Dark Misah used her water magic to stop the fire that burned her body.  Lightning flashed and Dark Misah was across the plain from where they once stood.