Confession

When Akari landed in her backyard, Akari took a moment to look around.  Everything looked the same when she left five years ago. Several guards made their way towards Akrai and bowed when they recognised her.  Their eyes were lit up in excitement and they were glad to see her again.

“Young Miss.” One of the guards said as he stood straight.  

“Are my parents home?”  

“Yes, Young Miss. Welcome home.”  

Akari nodded her head and began walking up the stairs.  Five steps in, another lightning flashed and a loud boom sounded behind her.  Akari looked back and saw Dean. Her right eyebrow rose up to question why he was there, but Dean quickly made his way towards Akari.  

“I have business that I need to take care of.”  Dean said as he walked up to her.

The back doors to her home were quickly opened and her mother and father ran towards her.  Akari was immediately enveloped within their arms as Emi cried tears of joy.

“You’re back.  You’re finally back.  Thank the Gods you’re alright.”  Emi cried. “I didn’t know when I would ever see you again… if I would be able to see you again.”

Akari hugged her parents tightly.  She missed them dearly as well.

“Mage Koya.”  Jona said as he bowed towards Dean.  “Thank you for taking such great care of our daughter.  Thank you for letting her visit us.”

“There are no thanks to be said.  Akari did all the hard work herself.”  Dean told them. “I have some business here I need to take care of as well.  Might I intrude on your hospitality and ask if you can house me for some time?”

“Of course!  Of course! It would be our honor!”  Jona said as he smiled. “Let's all go inside!”  

Emi held onto Akari the whole way as Jona spoke to Dean.  They were lead to the dining room where lunch had just been prepared and two more sets of dishes were placed onto the table for Akari and Dean.  Jona sat at the head of the table, while Emi sat to his right. Akari sat next to Emi and Dean sat to Jona’s left.

“My dear girl, you’re too skinny.  Here eat more.” Emi said as she piled a lot of food on Akari’s plate, that it became a small mound.  

Akari smiled brightly at Emi and kissed Emi’s cheek.  “My mom loves me the best!”

“Hey. Hey!  What about me!”  Jona complained as he looked at his two most precious women in his life.  

“Daddy, I know you love me a lot, but we all know, you love mom the most.” Akari teased him.  

Jona opened his mouth to refute her words, but with the mischievous look in her eyes, he closed his mouth and nodded his head.  

The three of them spoke as if five years have not passed between them.  Akari told them about her time away, she told them about Selena and Green and about everything that she learned.  She was so animated that she became a completely different person in front of Dean’s eyes.

So his serious and mature student can also be an excited, talkative woman in front of people she cares about.  His heart felt as if he wronged her so much. His eyes could not stop staring at the animated Akari that he did not touch a single thing on his plate.  

After dinner, Emi and Akari went off to have a more intimate conversation, while Jona and Dean sat down to speak.  Dean updated Jona on Akari’s progress and her achievements.

“You mean my daughter has three abilities?” Jona asked as his eyes widen up in surprise.  “She’s the strongest mage you’ve seen in over 500 years?!”