Troubled Hearts

Akari stomped through the house and into the backyard. Her mood was cloudy with mixed emotions. She had liked Dean since she was 16 years old and on her 18th birthday, she learned about Dean previous apprentice and lover.

It was hard for her to try and get over Dean, however it is hard to get over someone when you live with them and have to constantly see them and work beside them. She had hid her feelings for him and concentrated on working on herself and improving her magic powers and was hoping to take advantage of the time away from Dean to completely get over him, but he just had to follow her, corner her and confess to her.

Akari's body began to run as she kept on thinking about what Dean just told her. He loved her. What is there to love about her? She made the last two years with Dean a living hell for them. When it came to training her magic, she pushed herself so hard that the moment she placed her head on the pillow, she fell asleep immediately. When she sparred with him, she used him as a target to let go of all of her aggression and anger towards not only Dean, but her past lives as well.

In the past five years, never once did she think about Rin or Kiko either. Her connection to them was closed the minute she was taken away by Dean. Who would have thought that the next five years will be filled with longing and heartache by the man who she considered her savior?

When he kissed her, her heart thumped loudly and wildly inside her chest. It yearned for his kiss and her body wanted to be closer to him. Wanted him to hold her tighter. But her mind wouldn't let her fall for the same fate again. She was uncertain about herself and her feelings. Could she give him a chance? Should she believe his words and promises?

Akari's body kept running around her backyard, several guards who were on break came to join her as well. It had been some time since the last time they ran with their Young Miss, they missed training with her so they took this time to run behind her again.

Akari's thought about Rin. If Dean learned that she had loved Rin for 99 lifetimes, how would he feel? Would he feel just like she does now? Would he be able to accept her, knowing her past? To find someone with a clean past, was impossible. Someone as old as Dean, must have a past. He must have liked someone and fallen in and out of love. Just like him, she had 99 lifetime's worth of falling in and out of love.

Akari stopped and immediately the 18 guards behind her stopped as well.

"Lets see if you guys became lazy in your training." Akrai said before she turned around and began to spar with the guards.

Akari's hand to hand combat with the guards took them by surprise. However they quickly defended against Akari and were excited that their Young Miss would spar with them. Akari's movements were faster and more concise. Her hits were made with the intention to take them down with one move, causing the guards to not hold back when they saw the first five guards fall down.

Akari was suddenly surrounded and was attacked at once. None of them holding their strength back. Their Young Miss was testing them, they could not lose face in front of her. Akari felt fists land on her body, but she didn't back down, she systematically took one down at a time, while blocking their attacks as much as possible. In the end, she was the last one standing, even though it was hard for her to stand.

Akari's face and body was purple and blue. She caught a punch on the corner of her eye and blood was spewing out. Her lip was busted as well with blood dripping down it.

"You all did well." Akari told them. "Almost got me."

Akari's knees wavered and all her strength left her. She felt her body fall forward and closed her eyes to brace herself from the impact of falling on the ground. However it didn't happen. Instead she fell into a strong embrace. A familiar scent took her by surprise.

Dean scooped her up and carried her as he made his way back into her home. He watched as Akari ran and ran for such a long time, until she turned around and began sparing with the guards. Their sparring was fast and brutal. No one held back as they fought. In the end Akari won, but he could see how much she was hurting. He was the reason why she was hurting. If he could have taken back those words he said to her two years ago. He would. But now that those words were already said, he confessed his feelings and made promises to her. He could only show her that he's the only man for her.

Emi saw the state that Akari was in and was worried. However seeing how Teacher Koya took great care of Akari, her worries were put aside. She watched as he cleaned up Akari's wounds on her face. They were gentle and caring. The medicine he used made the bleeding stop and she could see it healing immediately.

The bruises on her face began to disappear as well. Teacher Koya gave Emi the rest of the medicine and told her how to use it. Once he left the room, Emi rubbed the medicine all over Akari's body. The moment it touched her body, the bruises disappeared as well as old scars. Her body became a blank canvas again. One without any scrapes or marks.

When Emi closed Akari's door, a few minutes later Dean went back in. He watched as Akari slept. Her exhaustion was written all over her face. Her face and body was healed. However what about her mind and heart? What about her soul?

Dean knew that when Akari ran for a long time, it was because she had a lot on her mind and didn't want to think. She ran to figure out her troubles. Dean sighed heavily. He was the reason why she acted out today. He was the reason why she was in such a state of fury and confusion. Even though he caused her to be this way, he couldn't feel any regret in telling her his feelings.

Akari belonged to him now. He just had to convince her of it.