Never

Because Misah had her hands full, raising her family, she did not send someone to check in on Koya.  For the first time in a long time, she had forgotten about the man who taught her so much. By the time she remembered about him, he stood in front of her in the bookstore.  

Her heart leapt with joy the moment she saw Koya again for the first to in 180 years.  When she saw him, she remember what love, joy and happiness felt like. She remembered how sweet life could be.  Misah wanted everything that she gave up, back. She wanted Koya’s love again. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and see her family grow as they rule a kingdom.  

“Are you done running away?”  Dean asked Misah as the silence between them deepened like the sea.  

“I don’t want to hurt you, my love.”  Misah told him. “You’re the only person who I never want to hurt.”

“Since you’re unwilling to turn yourself in and confess to your sins.  It is my job, as your teacher, to stop you.” Dean told her.

“You can try.”  Misah told him as she harden her heart.  She would only hurt him until he was unconscious. Only then would she bring him away so they could live together.  “But, you’ll have to stop my army first.”

Behind the large grass plain, was a forest.  From within the forest, shadows began to move forward.  From the treeline, rows and rows of men in armor made their way towards Misah.

Akari looked around her and slowly, more soldiers came out from their hiding place and surrounded them.  The soldiers were lined up in orderly lines. All of them were divided into platoons. There were cavalries and foot soldiers.  They were all in armor with weapons and shields strapped on their bodies.

“I have worked too long and too hard to fail now.”  Misah told them. “If you want to stop me, you must stop all of us.”  

Dean’s eyes harden as he glared at Misah.  How many lives do they have to destroy for Misah to accomplish her goal?  Although he didn’t know why Misah would involve herself with Queen Maya, he knew that she had to be stopped.  Even at the cost of all these soldiers.

“How many soldiers do you think there are?”  Akari asked as she stepped away from Dean’s embrace to look up at him.  

“I’m not sure.  Looks to be close to 100,000 soldiers.”

“I’ll handle everyone else.  You stop Misah.” Akari told him.  “We need to end this and get back to the capital.  Queen Maya and Crown Prince Ciar should be making their move as we speak.”

Dean looked down at Akari and quickly kissed her forehead.  

“Stay safe.”  Dean told her.    

“You too.”  

Akari began to run towards the army behind her.  She wanted to get away from Dean and Misah as soon as she could.  Her feet moved with the wind as Dean watched her run further away from him.

Within a heartbeat, Dean activated his two barrier trap that he set up the moment they all landed on the grass plain.  One magic barrier trapped him and Misah together. No one could get in or out of the barrier as long as there was breath within his body. While the other barrier enclosed all the soldiers as well as Dean and Misah.  

The soldiers watched the three mages in anticipation.  Their excitement became a frenzy as they watched a lone mage run towards their way.   There was only one enemy to fight. And that one person was a mage. How could one mage fight against an army?   

The further Akari was a way from Dean the larger Dean’s fighting barrier with Misah grew.  Dean watched as Akari leapt into the air and a flash of lightning hit the ground. Akari disappeared from everyone’s eyes and unbeknownst to the soldiers, lightning flashed again. She was miles away from where she disappeared.  

She was now behind Misah, fighting against the soldiers who guarded her back.  She surprised the unawared soldiers as her body erupted in a body of fire. The moment she landed rows of fire rose from the ground.  

Those that were closest to her were trapped in an inferno that rose high as a wall.  The soldiers were trapped within the firewall and had nowhere to go. They stood back to back as they could only watch as the firewalls began to close around them.  Screams began to rise as they caught on fire. Once they were on fire, they began to run out of the firewalls, however they were all trapped. Firewalls were everywhere and the platoon became unorganized.  

Lightning quickly flashed twice as Akari moved a mile away, into a different platoon.  Once she landed, she unleashed her powers again. From the ground, water began to rise as Akari pulled out her daggers and began to fight.  Water rose and quickly disappeared as the ground became muddy. The ground was so wet and muddy that it was hard to move. Their legs began to sink in the muddy ground.  They slowly began to sink into the ground. The more they moved, the more they began to sink further and further down the ground.

Lightning flashed again.  One after another, bring Akari to a different place.  Her surprise attacks were slowly whittling down the army.  This time when she landed, she unleashed a lightning chain.  From her body, 20 lightning chains were released in every direction.  Once a lightning touched a person, it then jumps the the closest person next to them.  Each lightning bolt, electrocutes a body from head to toe, causing the person to have seizures and heart attacks.  

Whenever Akari’s location was found, the closest platoons would rush towards her.  However after her sneaky attacks, they began to keep their distance and waited until she showed up.  How could they attack her without hurting their own soldiers? Her magic was too powerful for regular soldiers to deal with. How could they even get close to her to attack her? 

“How come you never looked at me the way you look at her?”  Misah asked as she stared longly at Koya. “What is it about her that you love so much that you could marry her and not me? Akari and I are quite similar.  Why is it that you could love her and spend the rest of your life with her and not me?”

“What I love about her is none of your concern.  Plain and simple, you’re not her.” Dean told Misah.  “You can never be her and you will never measure up to her.”