Because Of You

The rest of the group broke up the picnic and went their separate ways. Akari watched as the girls helped Kiko back to her dorm as the boys clean up.

No one said a word as they put all the food and drinks away in the basket. They fold the blanket up quickly and followed the girls.

Akari sat on the branch with a troubled look on her face. If this was the past, she would have been so happy. Why is it that her heart feels so troubled? They were still to young at the moment. Because in the end, Rin would go back to Kiko. It was up to Akari to give Rin a helping hand this time around.

Akari stayed in her spot for another hour before jumping down the tree. When she did, whe saw Rin waiting for her. His back was leaning against the academy door with his arms across his chest. A frown was permanently on his face as he looked at Rin.

"What?" Akari asked as she brushed lint and dirt off of her uniform.

Rin marched up to Akari and before Akari could dodge, Rin encircled his arms around her small frame.

"What are you doing?!?" Akari asked as she tried to struggle out of his hug. "Let me go, crybaby!"

"Just stay still for a moment, will you, you rotten girl!" Rin said as he struggled to hold on.

He tried to find her everywhere in the academy. He even asked all of her instructors. When he couldn't find her he felt an overwhelming feeling of loss. He panicked and thought that she left him again without telling him. She disappeared and he wouldn't know how to find her. His heart began to hurt and somehow his feet lead him to the back of the academy without him even thinking. When he saw her swinging feet in the trees, his whole body immediately calmed down. The rotten girl was hiding in the tree. One of her hobbies were sitting in a tree and read. How could he forget about it when he was trying to find her. Instead of calling out her name, he waited for her until she was ready to come down.

If it was her past life, she would have stopped struggling. But this time, this time was different. She wasn't going to fall for him again and do what he says. Akari twisted her body and stomped on his foot. Rin immediately lets her go as he falls to the ground to rub his foot.

"You rotten girl!" Rin shouted. "Can't even hug you!"

"Boys and girls should not touch!" Akari told him as she glared at him.

"That's such an old fashion way of thinking!" Rin cried as he took off his shoe and socks to check his foot. "I think you broke it!"

"It's not broken, crybaby!" Akari said as she looked at it.

"It hurts!"

"Good! It's what you deserve, crybaby!"

"Rotten girl! How am I supposed to go back to the dorm room now!?!" Rin shouted.

"On your own two feet. Stop pretending that it's broken!" Akari said to him as she turned around to leave him behind.

Rin quickly put on his sock and shoe and ran after her.

"Rotten girl! You never wait for me! Always walking away from me and never looking back!" Rin shouted at her. "Don't even care if I'm injured or not!"

Rin caught up to Akari and they walked to their housing.

"Rotten girl..." Rin pouted softly, however it was loud enough for Akari to hear. "Do you care if I'm injured or not?"

"Where? Where are you injured?" Akari asked as fiercly.

Rin quickly grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest. Right above his heart. Akari stopped walking and stared at Rin.

"Here." Rin said. "It hurts here."

Akari quickly pushes herself into him, while hooking her feet behind his leg. She pushed with her strength and Rin fell to the ground, onto his back with a thump.

"What did I say about boys and girls touching!" Akari yelled at Rin. "If something hurts, go visit a doctor or a healer! I can't help you with that!"

Akari glares at Rin before walking away, when Akari was further away, Rin finally sat up and rubbed his chest. He watched her back as it walked further and further away. He was always watching her back. When can he ever walk beside her?

"Rotten girl. It's hurting because of you..."