Shameless

Akari has just taken a sip of tea when she heard Dean's outrageous comment.  The tea in her mouth was sprayed out, all over Rin as he looked at Akari and Dean in horror and disbelief.

Dean patted her back as Akari kept coughing.  

"Darling, you must be careful when your drinking or else you'll choke."  Dean said as he now rubbed her back in circles. 

Akari glared at Dean as she kept coughing.  Dean ignored her and with a flick of his hand.  A napkin from the dining room was brought over and stopped right in front of Rin. 

Rin took the napkin and wiped his face and shirt.  He had worn his best clothes to see Akari, now everything was ruined.  Even his hope that she would love him this lifetime as well was ruined.  He immediately hid his disappointment.

Even though Akari and her Mage Teacher were together, it did not mean he still didn't have a chance with Akari.  Once he settles matters with Kiko, he would be with Akari, like how it was meant to be for the past 99 lifetimes. 

"Haha!  Mage Teacher Koya jokes too much."  Akari said as she glared a warning at Dean. 

"Are you sure about that?"  Dean asked.  "From what happened last ni—mhmmm mhmmmn"

Akari covered Dean's mouth as he kept on speaking.  Akari sneered and glared at Dean as if she would slit his throat if he spoke more nonsense. 

"Mage Teacher Koya likes to tease me." Akari said through her teeth.  The whole time she stared at Dean with a look of death. 

Dean leaned back to free his mouth from Akari's hold, making Akari lean into him more. 

"Darling, if you want me to hold you, just say so and I'll do it."  Dean's hand came up to hold her close to his body.  "Besides, I already spoke to Mom and Dad last night and they agreed to our marriage." 

"What!  Who are you calling Mom and Dad?" 

"Our Mom and Dad, silly.  Duke and Duchess Ayame."  Dean told her. 

Akari's body felt so cold.  It began to shiver.  She couldn't believe her parents would agree to her marriage so quickly and without her consent.  Was she even their daughter?!

"Don't act so surprised, darling. Mom and Dad knows my feelings are genuine. They know I am capable enough to protect you.  They know that you would need to spend the rest of your 1000 years of life with another Mage.  What better partner in life then me?"  Dean said softly to her and yet his eyes were staring at Rin. 

Rin couldn't hold his features still.  His lips sneered in jealousy.  His heart felt as if it was ripped apart from his body.  He felt himself slowly bleeding out in front of them with each word Teacher Koya spoke.

Rin quickly stood up and stared at Akari. 

"I would like some words alone with Akari." Rin said as he looked at Akari.  His eye pleading for her to say yes.

Akari was still in Dean's arms, frozen in surprise at Dean's confession.  Her brain could not react fast enough to pull away from Dean.

"Whatever you have to say to my Akari, you will have to say in front of me.  We do not hold secrets from each other."  Dean said as he squeezed Akari's body next to his even tighter.  As if to warn her to not to defy him. 

"Akari?"  Rin asked pleadingly. 

Akari tried to straighten up and away from Dean's hold, but he held her too tightly.  Akari immediately used her fire element and lit an energy fire around her body, causing Dean to quickly let her go.  The fire caught onto the couch they shared and burnt it to ashes instantly.

"Darling wife. If you want to light a fire between us, all you have to do is ask.  With our body heat next to each other, we can start several fires." 

"You!"  Akari shouted as she threw another fireball at Dean as he dodged.  The fireball missed it's target hit the curtain behind Dean.  It lit on fire then became ash.

"Ah!  I like it when my darling wife plays hard to get.  It makes it so much more exciting when I catch you!"  Dean said as he laughed at her.

"Scram!" 

Dean dodged another fireball and opened the window, he leapt out and turned to face Akari. 

"Very well, since my darling wife wants some time to speak with her childhood friend.  I will oblige you and let you catch up to him.  But mark my words, your training will be twice as hard as I had planned it today for your choice of speaking to him without me present!"  Dean said cheerfully as he looked lovingly at Akari, as if he did not just reprimand her. 

When Akari and Rin was alone again the silence between them were insufferable to Rin. His mind kept thinking about Dean's words. His heart beat wildly and frantically.  Akari was engaged to her Mage Teacher.   He couldn't let their marriage happen.  As long as they weren't married yet, he still had a chance to marry Akari and make it up to her. 

"What do you have to say?" 

The words he prepared for her were completely forgotten.  He could only stare at her beautiful face and harden his resolve.  He needed to quickly find out who was Kiko's hidden backer and why they wanted to destroy his family.  He also needed to prove to Akari of his love to her and ensure she doesn't get married to anyone until he figures everything out.  

"Crybaby?" 

"Don't get married yet.  Not until I resolve everything with Kiko and my family." 

"What are talking about?"  Akari said as she was confused.  She wasn't even getting married.  Dean didn't even ask her if she wanted to marry him! She didn't even agree to marry him!  It was only Dean's shameless mouth running off nonsense."What are you trying to say?"

"No matter what.  Don't get married until I take care of Kiko." 

"What do you mean take care of Kiko?!?  Aren't you two still a couple?" 

Rin scratches the back of his head in frustration. Akari was not understanding his wishes and he couldn't tell her what was happening in his life because he didn't have enough information yet and he didn't want to get her involved. He owed it to Akari to kill Kiko and Kiko's mysterious backer as repentance before telling her what's going on in his life and spending the rest of his life, loving and making up for lost time with Akari.

"Yes... but it's complicated... just promise me?"

"But there's nothing to promise to you—"

"Fine. If you want it to be it that way, then I will just have to make sure you don't get married to him." Rin told her. "Rotten girl! If you're going to make it hard on me. I'll crash the wedding and steal you away if I have to!"

Rin quickly left without letting her finish her sentence and without letting her make things clear to him. If he was going to be a crybaby without letting her speak, then it's his fault for the misunderstanding.