Lies Of Love

A/N: As always, thank you so much for all your love and support. Thank you for all of your patience, especially since November when I got really sick. Thank you for all your well wishes and checking in on me. Thank you for all the holiday wishes. I feel really loved that I have awesome readers and fans. Sending everyone good vibes and best wishes this new year. xoxo -ptd

(PS I just realized my sincere words to you guys and reread the title of this chapter.  Lol.  It was a coincidence.)

"Misah?" Dean whispered in surprise.

Misah died. She died in front of him. She killed herself in front of him. He held her warm body until it turned cold. He buried her. How could she be alive?

His mind shook, not believing his eyes and yet, there Misah stood. Alive. Breathing.

"How..." Dean began to say before he was cut off.

"How I'd wish our reunion was under different circumstances. I regret that I didn't think I would find another mage snooping around my property." Misah sighed as she looked at all of her prisoners behind the love of her life. "I guess I was too arrogant to think that I would be found out."

Akari's fist tightened as she stared at Dean and Misah talking. Her heart filled with rage and killing intent. Misah was no good. She should of stayed dead. After 180 years, there is no way Akari could estimate how many people Misah has hurt and killed.

Mages were suppose stay out of the government and politics. They were supposed to only be the protectors of the land. What has Misah done in the last 180 years to change Hiryir's history? Who did she collaborate with in the royal family?

"Are you telling me that you are responsible for all of this?" Dean asked. "These men, the condition they are in. It was you?"

The room fell into silence as she refused to answer. However her silence was her answer.

"I did not teach you to be this malicious! This horrible creature that tortures, confines and kills others!" Dean said sternly.

"But you did. It was because of you that I turned out this way, Teacher Koya." Misah said as she took a step forward towards Dean. "It was your lessons that you taught me that made me realize who I really was."

"I didn't teach you any of this. You did this all on your own and you decided to do this because this is in your character to do so."

"I wouldn't be where I am today if you still loved me." Misah said as she stopped a few feet away from Dean and took off her veiled hat. Misah's golden hair fell down like a silk curtain, framing her face and her delicate frame. She looked small and frail as if she needed constant protection from the sun and the wind. "I wouldn't have turned to this, if you would have loved me back the way I love you. We could have been together these last 180 years. We could have been the strongest mage couple to live. We would have several children and grandchildren by now. We could have had a happy life together, but you...."

Tears began to fall as Misah's mind filled with memories of heartbreak and sorrow.

"Why couldn't you just love me back? What was it about me that you couldn't love? I would have changed myself for you. I would have made myself into the woman that you loved and cherished, as long as I could stand by you." Misah cried softly. "But you couldn't love me. You... broke my heart... and now... to feel something... anything... I... my love... I had to resort to..."

Dean felt his whole body grow cold. The woman before him was not the same Misah that he knew. The woman before him was a stranger. A killer. A murderer. A woman that has lost her mind.