Confusion

The next day Rin woke up not remembering anything. He got ready for class and walked to class alone. Inside of the classroom, everyone stopped talking the moment he walked inside. They all stared at him as if he was a villain and watched as he sat down.

Beside him Kiko was silently crying. Mollie and Sophine stood beside her and comforted her, while his friends gave him a wary look.

"What?" Rin asked as he looked at Delan. "Why is everyone looking at me?"

"Rin, you need to do something about Akari. Akari bullied Kiko again this morning. All of her school supplies were torn and she was pushed and kicked by Akari." Delan whispered to Rin. "Kiko doesn't want to make it a big deal, because she knows that Akari comes from a noble family, so there won't be any real punishments towards her. But Akari needs to stop."

"Akari?" Rin asked as his head began to hurt agin.

"Yes, she did this to your girlfriend and you're not even protecting her or comforting her?" Mollie whined.

"Girlfriend..." Rin whispered in confusion.

"You've been going out with Kiko for the past couple of months! Don't tell me you're pretending that you forgot about this!" Sophine shouted.

Everyone in the room looked at Rin as if he was lower than dirt.

Rin's head began to hurt again and his ears began to ring loudly. He needed to see the nurse. He got up and began to leave the room when Kiko ran after him and hugged him from behind.

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry." Kiko pleaded. "It was my fault. Don't get mad. I will never bring up Akari bullying me ever again. You don't have to tell her to stop. I know she is a good friend of yours and I don't want to ruin your friendship with her. My books were torn by a dog. I tripped and fell this morning. Nothing happened to me. Don't be mad, okay. It was all my fault."

Kiko's pleas made everyone look at her with pity. Her enduring her pain and suffering for the sake of friendship between her boyfriend and her bully made them hate Akari even more. Rin became a bad boyfriend who didn't protect his girlfriend. Kiko became a pitiful saint in front of everyone's eyes.

"Let go of me." Rin said softly as his heart began to waiver towards her. However the ringing inside of his ear became louder.

"No." Kiko shouted. "I said I was sorry. Please don't break up with me."

"I have to go." Rin said again as he felt himself become faint headed.

"Please don't leave me!" Kiko pleaded. "I love you."

Rin's body fell forward and Kiko tried her best to catch him. With her weak frame, she followed him down to the ground as he fainted. She was quick enough to turn their bodies around so she would land on the ground first and he would fall on her.

When Rin woke up, he was back in his room, his friends were sitting next to him waiting for him to wake up.

"Rin!" They all shouted at the same time.

"Are you alright?!"

"Are you feeling better?"

"What happened?" Rin asked as he closed his eyes again. His head was hurting so much. Why was it?

Wuying quickly filled in what happened to him and Kiko. He told Rin how Kiko saved him from the fall and because of it, she injured her ankle. They reminded him of Akari's bullying and for him to speak to Akari.

Rin nodded his head and told them to leave. Everything was too confusing for him at the moment. It was as if everything happening around him was a dream. A dream he couldn't escape. Rin fell back asleep with the thought that he needed to see Akari. Akari would know what to do.