Crybaby

“And his parents conveniently forgets about him when they leave, then to pick him up later when we find him, when everyone has left?” Akari said questioningly as she stared at the innocent boy who would become the man who she loved and destroyed her life.  In the end, her fate did not change. She was hoping too much that she would not meet this boy today. But fate is playing against her again. She would lose against fate again.

Her parents frown at her words, but they don’t say anything.  

“Bring him to the receiving lounge while we send word to his parents.”  Jona ordered.

Akari was just about to leave the dining room to go to her room when her mother orders her to keep him company until his parents arrive.  Akari closes her eyes to hide her emotions. She could not win against her bad luck.

“I’m tired.”  Akari said as she tried to avoid her fate of meeting the boy.  

“Akari.”  Her mother warned her with a stern voice.  “Once he wakes up, he’ll be scared. With you there, he won’t be so scared.”  

“I don’t even know him.”  Akari said. “He doesn’t know me.  Why would seeing me be any different from seeing one of the maids?”

“You’re a child.  He’s a child. He’ll not be so scared if he sees another child with him.” Emi told her.  “Be a good girl and accompany him until his parents get here.”

“But--” Akari wanted to argue.

“No buts!  Go.” Jona ordered her.  

Akari bites her bottom lip as if she was going to cry.  Her parents bullied her into staying with her murderer. Her eyes fills with water as if she would cry, but she doesn’t.  She turns around and stomps out of the room and directly goes into the receiving lounge.

Akari sits in the chair closes to the window and looks out the window.  The sky was dark and there was nothing for her to see, but she didn’t move from her spot, nor did she speak to anyone as more guards filled the room and Rin was brought in by the maid.  The maid places the child on the couch and places a blanket over the boy before sitting next to him. Lena grabs a book from the shelf and hands it to Akari.

Akari grabs it and places it on to her lap, ignoring everyone.  Her heart races with anger as she hated her fate. No matter what she did in her past 99 lives, everything still ended up the same.  Even though she tried to avoid major events in her life, somehow it would always happen. Like today. Even though she showed four abilities instead of three and even though every guest was made to leave, she still met Rin on her birthday.

Suddenly in the quiet room, the boy woke up and started crying.  

“Hush dear child.  Your parents are on their way.”  The maid said as she wiped his tears.  

Even with her comforting words, Rin kept on crying.  Lena looked at her young lady then back at the young boy before looking at Akari.  Akari sat still as if she didn’t hear the boy crying at all.

“My Lady.”  Lena pleaded.  “Maybe you should go comfort him so he will stop crying.”  

Akari looked at Lena as if she just betrayed Akari.  Lena’s heart skipped a beat and worried if she said something wrong.  When she was just about to say something Akari gets up and walks over to the boy.  

Her lavender eyes mets wet eyes and she sneered at the boy.  

“Stop crying, crybaby.”  Akari said.

Her words of comfort took everyone in the room by surprise.  Her words of comfort were words of criticism.

“She already told you that your parents are on the way, why are you still crying, cry baby?”  Akari said to him. “If you want your Mom or Dad, you shouldn’t have run away from them in the first place.  You should have stayed with your Nanny and when they went home, you would have gone home with them. You playing around in the dirt, hiding from your Nanny and falling asleep under bushes are all your own fault.  And now that it’s dark and your parents left you behind, you decide to cry for them?”

The guards wanted to laugh at what they saw.  A young 5 year old girl lecturing a crying boy about creating his own calamity was an endearing scene for them.   

“There’s no one to blame here but yourself, crybaby.”  Akari told him. Seeing how the boy stopped crying at her words she stopped lecturing at the boy.  

Turning around she walks back to her seat and sits down again, ignoring everyone in the room.  The boy sniffles a bit more before he wipes his tears and sits up.

“Here, drink some juice.”  The maid said as she gave him a cup of apple juice.  

Rin drinks it down completely before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before giving it back to her.  He looks around the large room before his eyes hits the little girl who just called him a cry baby. His little heart feels wronged and he quickly stands up and walks up to her.

Facing her directly he points at her face and starts to argue with her.  

“Apologise to me at once!”  Rin demands.

“Why should I, crybaby?”

Rin’s face complete turns red as he stomps his feet angrily.   

“Apologise!”  

“Why don’t you go back to crying, at least that way you’ll stop talking to me and ruining my eyesight.”  

“You- - you dare call me a crybaby and say I’m ruining your eyesight!  Did you just call me ugly?!”

“If the shoe fits.”

“You’re the ugly one!  Not me! You’re ugly! You’re the crybaby!  You’re so hateful!” Rin shouted. He never been so angry in his life. No one has ever spoken to him this way ever.  And now the little girl in front of him insulted him several times. “Once my mom and dad gets here, you’ll pay for your words!  You’ll regret that you called me names!”

Akari scoffed at the young Rin and forgot how adorable he looked when he was mad as a child.  His cheeks were red from puffing too hard. His eyes were red from crying and his nose was dripping snot.  His lips kept quivering as if he would cry at any minute, but was trying hard to defend himself. This boy she fell in love with, never once kept her in his heart.  This boy who helped kill her 99 times. This hateful boy that she couldn’t help herself from loving. Akari swallows her sorrow and had to look away to get control of her emotions.

“Let them come and you can tell them exactly what I said.  Watch as they will do nothing to me and know that you’ll forever be an ugly crybaby!” Akari said back.