Mage

The next day Akari followed Dean as he showed her around the forest.  In back of the house was a small stream where she could catch fish if she wanted.  Behind the stream was a large span of forest and a mountain.

In front of the house was a water well and a nice flower garden with benches.  There was a small trail that was worn down, as if it has been traveled on for many years.  

“There is also a older man and woman who come here three times a week to help around the house.”  Dean told her. “Green and Serena are happily married for 20 years now and live not too far from here.  They have two children, Willard and Vie. Vie is married and doesn’t live here anymore, while Willard is off at the Sephina  Academy. He should be 17 years old this year.”

After showing her around a bit more, Dean tested out her skills.  He produced a Silver Crystal out from his refining room and Akari touched it.  

Three rays of orange, three rays of yellow, and three rays of indigo shined brightly and vividly.  Akari had become an elite trader, elite scholar and an elite fighter since she was last tested. When her fourth color lit up, still there was only one ray of violet, for mage.  However the ray looked strong and rich in color.

“Good. Good.”  Dean said as he nodded his head.  

He wasn’t expecting much of anything with Akari.  Usually, with his experience, once a child knew that he or she will become a mage, they would not be motivated to become better in the other abilities that they possess. While his good apprentice worked hard to become an elite in all of her abilities.  Now it was up to him to teach her and help her grow as a mage.

Dean brought her to his library and with a fick of his wrist, the books he wanted her to begin her training came out from it’s shelf and landed on the table in the middle of the room.  There were about 30 introductory books that he pulled out for her.

“Read these books.  You have one week to read everything.  If you have any questions, you may ask me.”  Dean told her. “Selena and Green will be here later today, please introduce yourself if you see a burly, bearded redhead man and small petite woman. Any questions?”  

Akari shook her head no.

“Good.  I’ll be all over the house, if you have any questions, just come find me.”  

Akari shook her head yes and bowed to him as he left.  Akari quickly sat down at the table and began reading. Her eyes opened up in awe as she began to really read about the powers of a mage.  

A mage could wield magic and form that magic into an element.  Most mages would only be able to wield one kind of element, however there are some stronger mages who can wield two to three elements, depending on how much a mage could store magic in their body.  

The elements that a mage can control are: fire, water, wind, lightning, and earth.  The mages are split up in two factions. Light Mages and Dark Mages.

Light mages, can control water, wind and earth.  Light Mages can also control light. They are able to light up a dark room immediately and call upon guardians for protection.   

While Dark Mages controls fire and lightning. Dark Mages controls darkness.  They are able to make a room pitch black and call upon shadows for protection.  

Several thousands of years ago, there was a war between Light Mages and Dark Mages, which caused the magic to disappear.  Because the magic disappeared, the are not many opportunities for mages to be born. There were also a lot of casualties during the war, which killed most of the mage population.  There is now only a few hundred mages left.