Rin

Rin sat in the receiving room with his fists tightly squeezed.  A nervous feeling overcame him as he tapped his foot repeatedly to release his anxious feelings. 

It had been 5 years since that Rotten Girl left without saying goodbye to him.  Since that day she left, he felt as if a large hole was created by her absence. He missed their quiet time together. Just her presence by his side gave him a sense of comfort. Her scent was intoxicating.  Her rare smiles, memorable. 

In short, he had missed her.  More than he thought he would.  More than 99 lifetime's worth of regrets.  Now that she was back, he would give his all to keep her by his side.  Now that he knew the truth.

Ever since he had visions of his past, he was weary of Kiko.  He didn't immediately breakup with her, but sent people in investigate her background even more.  

The fact that the Lehar family hid Kiko's adoption so well, to fool not only his family, but the citizens and royal family, meant that they had someone strong backing them. 

Rin's eyebrows scrunched up in concern.  The past five years he hasn't found any concrete evidence of the person backing the Lehar family.  Any activities they made where all legal and by the book. 

All he could do is prepare for the crimes that him and his family were accused of and watch carefully at those who seek to go against them.  He was at least one step ahead of Kiko.

For the past five years, Rin had to sacrifice himself for the sake of his family.  He and Kiko were still considered a couple. Her every touch made his skin crawl.  Her every smile made him want to punch her in the face, especially when she stared at him lovingly, as if he was the center of her world.  Just standing next to her made him shiver with so much hate and anger.  He would have to keep reminding himself about his visions and dreams to make it through a day with her by his side. 

Her words of love have become desperate as of late.  She kept questioning him if he loved her.  If he found someone else to love.  If he no longer wanted her.  She would cry and throw tantrums in front of everyone and Rin would have to swallow his hate, just to pacify her. 

It made him sick to his stomach each time he forced himself to hold her, kiss her and tell her words of love.  He would have nightmares of his death over and over.  His horrifying screams as his parents were killed right in front of him.  The pain of his death as he was cut open slowly and his hate of the betrayal from Kiko as she stood in front of him wielding the dagger that slit him up slowly. 

She looked at him as if he was scum.  As if she was superior than him.  She enjoyed hurting him.  Enjoyed his pain.  His cries and pleads for death.

When he died, he died with great regrets.  He wanted revenge. He remembered Akari's selfless love.  He wanted to repay her with his love.  Wanted to find a happy ending with her.

However when the Gods granted him his wish, he could never remember his past.  Could never remember Akari. And he would sin against her, over and over.  He would make her believe in him, then break her heart. Lie and end up having a hand in her death, then remember her past that intertwined with his.

But not this lifetime. This time he would do it right.  This time he would take his revenge and love Akari back.  Just the way she was meant to be loved. Because this time, he remembers. 

"Rin." 

Rin's Head turned slowly as his heart beat wildly at the familiar and yet unfamiliar voice.  It had been so long since he heard that alluring voice. What he saw in front of him, made him speechless. 

Akari wore a plain white shirt and black pants.  Her black boots shined against the carpet. Her hair swung every time she moved.  She grew a bit taller and her body shape was more womanly.  She looked healthy and tone.  Her eyes were the same lavender color that he remembered.  Her lips, the same kissable lips.  However this time the corner of her lips were twitching with amusement. 

"You miss me that much that you don't know to even speak anymore?"  Akari said as she saw down across from him.  "Or is it that you've gotten more dumb as the years past, Crybaby?" 

Rin's smile became even wider. 

"Your venomous tongue never ceases to amuse me."  Rin told her.  "Even at the expense of my own pride, Rotten girl."

"Long time no see!" Dean said as he came into the room and immediately sat next to Akari. 

"Ah!"  Rin said as he stood up.  "You must be Akari's Mage Teacher." 

"Yes." Dean said as he stared at the man who sat across from them.  Rin looked like a child in Dean's eyes.  A child that looked at his Akari like a starving wolf.  A child that wanted to take his Akari away from him.  "And her man."