Fate's Hands

After that day, Akari was left alone. No one talked to her and left her alone. Although they talked about her behind her back, no one made a move against her. They were afraid of what she would do to them and they were afraid of what Rin would do to them.

Rin began hanging out with his childhood friends only. When he was able to find Akari, he would hang out with Akari and stick to her side until curfew.

Three years pass by quickly without another incident and she knew now was the time another big event would happen. One that she could not avoid. It was the end of the year. Classes have just finished and the academy would hold a big party in celebration.

In her past life this is the party where Kiko and Rin first met and fell in love. He would ask her to dance and she would accept. From that day on they were inseparable.

"Akari are you going?" Rin asked Akari as he laid on her bed.

Akari glared at Rin. He was getting too comfortable around her.

"You have to go." Rin said as he turned to his side to stare at her. "It's our first big celebration as students of Astronia Academy! Let's all go and make memories!"

Akari went back to reading her book when suddenly her book was covered by his hands.

"Akari! Remember the bet we made three years ago! I won. You have to do what I say!" Rin told her. "In the end, did we not end up in the same class?!?"

"I never agreed to it."

"Your silence was your way of agreeing!" Rin said trying to swindle her.

"No it's not."

"Yes it is. You didn't argue about the rules then, when the bet was made, so what are you arguing about it now?!?"

Akari closed her eyes and knew this was fate playing a hand in her life.

"Fine." Akari said.

"Great! I'll pick you up.!" Rin quickly said as he smiled at her and ran out the door. "Don't go back on your word! I'll definitely pick you up, so don't go there before me. Don't go anywhere else. Just stay here, I'll pick you up in three hours!"

Rin closed the door with a bang and she could hear him run down the hall and downstairs.

"Young Miss." Lena asked. "Are you really going?"

"Let's get ready."

Akari got herself ready and it took exactly three hours. She sat by the window, letting the wind blow through the open window and waited for Rin. When ten minutes went by, she scrunched her eyebrows. Rin wasn't the kind of a person to be late.

Akari looked back to her book. When an hour passed by. Akari looked to the sky and it was already dark. Her eyes dropped and she scolded herself.

Why was it that in every lifetime, his promises always made her believe and wait for him. She tried to brush off her sadness and kept reminding herself that she already experienced this before. Why should it still affect her? She knew it would happen this way. Why did she even get her hopes up?

"Young Miss." Lena asked worriedly.

"Wait another hour." Akari said.

She knew from her past experience, Rin and Kiko would be dancing together on the dance floor the whole night. She didn't want to see them together. She will make her way there when the celebration is almost over to see how their fated meeting went.

When it was time for her to leave, she quickly changed into a different outfit that was more dressed down and left her room. She made her way to the dance hall and she could hear loud chatter, laughter and music. Everyone was talking about Rin and Kiko dancing together.

Akari made her way to the doors and when she opened it quickly, she slipped in without getting noticed. She hid herself in the corner and watched as fate played out exactly how it was written.

In the middle of the dance floor, it was only Kiko and Rin. Everyone was watching as the beautiful Kiko was covering her mouth with her right hand in surprise. Her cheeks were lit pink in embarrassment which made her look more endearing. Her hair was in soft curls and she wore a white dress that made her look erithal.

She looked exactly like an angel and the envy of everyone there. Where as Rin wore a nice navy suit and a white collared shirt. His hair was recently cut. He looked very charming.

He stood close to Kiko and held her left hand in his as he spoke.

"Kiko. I like you. I liked you the moment I saw you. I liked you everyday for the past three years. I can't hide my feelings for you anymore. Will you be my girlfriend?"