Circle Of Fate (2)

Several months later Emi walks into Akari's room with an invitation.

"Akari, darling, come here." Emi said as she sits on Akari's bed. Akari puts her book down and sits next to her mother.

Akari knew what day it was. Knew that she couldn't avoid fate. Even if she didn't want to go, they would make her go, or for some reason, fate would force her to attend Rin's birthday party.

"Here. Open it." Emi said as she gave the invitation to Akari. "It's for you."

Akari opens it and reads the invitation quickly and gives it back to Emi.

"Do you want to go?" Emi asked.

"Do I have a choice if I want to go or not?" Akari asked.

Emi's face froze. She wanted Akari to go because Riho and Obara are close friends of hers. She also wanted Akari to go because Emi thought Akari needed more friends her age. Akari was always alone and Emi was afraid that Akari wouldn't know to how to get along with others when she grew up.

"That's what I thought." Akari said as she sighed heavily. "When it's time to leave, I'll be ready."

Emi didn't know what to say to her strange and mature child who acted like an adult.

"Everything will be fine." Emi said as she hugged Akari. "Nothing bad will happen to you."

Akari nodded her head, but she knew, everything would not be fine, and bad things will happen to her.

At Rin's birthday party, Akari wore a white dress that stopped at her knees. White socks and a white pair of dress shoes. Her hair was curled and a ribbon was tied onto her head like a headband.

Her expressive eyes watched everyone around her as everyone in turn stopped talking to each other to look at the mysterious girl who showed four abilities. Akari sat down at her table, next to her mother and father, while Lena, Alek and Jordan stood behind her.

When everyone came to speak to Jona and Emi, Akari sat reading her book that she brought as she sipped on some juice and ate some snacks that was placed in front of her.

"I wish my daughter was as well behaved as your Akari."

"Haha." Emi laughed lightly. "My Akari is not as cute as your Demi. My Akari likes to read all day and doesn't spend any time with me. Unlike your Demi here who hangs onto you!"

Akari stopped listening to her parent's conversation after that. Soon Duke Obara and Duchess Riho makes their way towards Jona and Emi.

"I'm so glad that you made it." Riho said as she kisses Emi on the cheeks. "I hope Akari isn't mad at Rin anymore. It was our mistake that caused the children to fight."

"Of course not. Akari got over it the next day." Emi said as she smiled warmly towards Riho.

"Here's a small gift for Akari that Rin picked out to apologise for making her upset." Riho said as she pulled out a small wrapped box.

"Akari?" Emi asked as she pushed Akari's book down. "What do you say?"

Akari closes the book and places it on the table. She stands up and curty towards Riho and Obara and thanks them.

"Thank you for the gift."

Akari was just about to place it on the table and never touch it again, however Emi jumps in to make her open it in front of everyone.

"Open it." Emi commands.

Akari opens it and inside is a long gold necklace. The long, thin chain was enchanted with magic, making unbreakable. At the end of the necklace is a gold circle that hangs beautifully. Emi immediately places the necklace over Akari's head and fixes Akari's hair. The necklace hangs beautifully around Akari's neck as everyone admires it.

"Thank you. It's beautiful." Akari said as she looked down at it.

This was different from what happened in her past. These different events that was happening made Akari wrinkle her eyebrows in wonder.

"It's about time for Rin to face The Circle of Fate." Obara said as he excused him and Riho. "We'll see you afterwards."

In the past, Rin's abilities were orange and blue. Trade and leadership. The skills he needs to run Noboru Enterprise.

Rin came down from the house and stood next to his parents. His eyes scans the guests until he finds the young girl that he met last time. For some reason, he couldn't keep the young girl out of his mind. He wanted to see her, but knew he would be turned away with her prickly personality. So instead he told his mother he wanted to buy the young girl a present to apologise for his actions. The necklace that he bought was a set of necklaces. He wore the matching necklace and hid it under his clothes.

When both necklaces are brought together, the circle at the bottom of the necklace connects on the side, making an infinity sign. Rin, couldn't help himself. For some unknown reason he wanted to stay by her side forever.

When Rin places his hand on the Silver Crystal, it glows two rays of orange and two rays of blue. When the guests were just about to clap in applause, a third ray shine brightly. One ray of indigo. Fighter.

When the third ray lit up, Akari placed her book down and looked at Rin's results. This was different as well. Different from her past 99 lives. Different from what was expected. Everyone stood up to cheer for Rin and congratulate the Noboru clan for their fortuitous event.

The party continued with several men and women bombarded Obara and Riho. Akari was let at her table along with Lena and her two guards, Alek and Jordan. From the crowd, a small body pushed his way through and made his way to Akari. She saw his approach towards her from the corner of her eye and knew he wanted to speak to her. Akari bit her lip in frustration and buried her emotions.

"Akari!" Rin shouted as he pulled a seat next to Akari. "Did you get to have any of my cake? It's delicious!"

Akari kept her head down and kept on reading her book, but Rin didn't notice it. He kept on talking.

"How did you feel on your Circle of Fate?" Rin asked. "You were the first one in such a long time to test out three abilities, then a forth one shined ! And it was violet! And now my abilities shined three different rays as well! Isn't that amazing?"

It was a miracle, however in the end, she still died. What good is three abilities or four abilities when she will die the same horrible fate anyway?

"I heard my dad ask your dad if we should study together." Rin began speaking. "Your dad said that we can be tutored together! Yay!"

Akari reached out and nibbled on her snack and went back to reading.

"Your dad said that your tutors come  every day. How tiring! How can you stand your tutor?!? We don't have to go to school until we turn 7 years old! That's 2 years away!"

Akari snapped her book closed as she turned to look at the annoying boy who couldn't shut up.

"It's so when we enter school, I don't have to be in the same class as you and hear you talk. I'll jump several grades and be taught by a different teacher, crybaby."

Akari stands up and brushes her dress down.

"You-- why are you so mean?"

"Because I don't like stupid crybabies."

Akari leaves Rin speechless at the table. Little did she know, her words would change his fate as well.