"Everything...is gonna be okay..."

I said to myself in a tired-like matter.

"You sure about that?"

Re-opening my eyes wide, I quickly turned around to see Alexa staring at me with an upset look! She had every right to be mad at me after I avoided her for weeks, I'm just glad she's at least talking to me. Wait, did she possibly hear Ren and me talking earlier? I hope not, I don't wanna talk about what happened...

"Alexa...I...I'm so sorry-"

Without even finishing my sentence, I felt her warm embrace consume me as she tightens her hold on me. The tears that were once dried up, were now replaced with a new set of tears, I am a huge crybaby. But I'm just glad that these are happy tears for once...I'm so relieved that Alexa doesn't hate me after what happened yesterday. I just hope she forgives me for how I've been acting...

"You're so stupid, Luna! Am I, not your best friend?"

Alexa voiced out with frustration as she pulled away from our bear hug. She then handed me the books that I dropped on the floor a while ago, I guess Alexa was there when the fight was going on between Danny and Ren. At least she didn't get involved, I wouldn't have wanted her to get hurt or have anyone talk badly about her...

"Of course, you're my best friend! It's just been so hard to talk to anyone since..."

As I stopped myself from saying his name, I knew that If I did. It was going to draw me back into a dark place again.

"Since Elijah...disappeared, I know, you've gone through a lot lately. But you don't have to go through it alone, Luna. You have me, Ren, and your family to help you get through this... we're all here for you," Alexa said as she gently held my hand.

"I know, you're right...I'm just glad you don't hate me..."

"What? Why would I ever hate you?"

She asked curiously as we began to walk toward our classroom.

"I just figured with how I've been treating you, you wouldn't want to have anything to do with me anymore..."

But just as I finished saying that, Alexa stopped walking for a moment and looked at me. Giving off a playful smirk, she pinched my cheek with her fingers shortly afterward!

"Ow! What are you doing?"

I grunted in discomfort as I jokingly smacked her hand away from my face.

"That's what you get for ignoring your best friend, don't ever doubt my loyalty!"

She responded with a giggle as she continued to walk to our class. Rubbing my cheek gently, I could already tell it was turning red a little. But that's okay, I would rather have swollen red cheeks forever than not have my best friend with me. However, once I took my seat...I couldn't help but notice that everyone's eyes were now on me! I mean, I get that I've been gone for a while, but did everyone know about me and Eli dating? Whatever, I need to ignore everyone...that way I can just focus on my school work. Though the very second Alexa sat next to me, a girl seated in front of us could be heard talking about another party happening later tonight. Just how many parties will people throw this year?

"Alexa, is there gonna be another party happening?"

I asked as we waited for our homeroom teacher to come...

"Oh! Yeah, there is. Luke is going to be throwing another party again, apparently, it's for the football season starting. It's gonna be no different from the party we went to last time, nothing but alcohol, loud music, and drunk idiots."