256. Thank You for Coming

Announcement

I'll do my best to progress the story as much as possible until I start college, so that means certain arcs will be cut and certain parts of the story will be simplified. I hope you all understand.

==============

A round of applause erupted from the audience as the show finally came to an end, and Irina, Muria, Alvelyn, Henvle, and I were finally able to be released from the stage and away to the safety of the dressing room. There weren't much left for us to do as the next panel was scheduled to occur after a while as the employees were given a temporary break, so we were granted some time to relax.

"That was rather unexpected," Henvle said after letting out a sigh of relief.

"You handled it pretty well," Irina smiled and said to him. "Thanks for helping out."

"It's all good," Henvle smiled back. "I'll be heading back to the resting area. You have fun with your friends here."

With that, Henvle exited through the other door of the dressing room in order to make his way to the resting area. Henvle's departure made it so that it was only Irina, Muria, Alvelyn, and I in the dressing room, where we stood off to the side in order to not become an obstacle for the others.

"Are you alright, Muria?" Irina glanced over at Muria with a look of concern.

"Yeah," Muria nodded. "It's just that I'm a bit tired."

"You're pretty strong," Alvelyn commented. "You have to deal with all that pressure all the time...it must not be easy."

"It's always kinda difficult at first," Irina nodded and smiled in a nostalgic manner. "But...after a while you get used to it. It also helps to have someone who supports you."

For some reason, when she said that, she looked over in my direction. I don't remember supporting her in any way.

"You should all head home and get some rest," Irina said to us. "I know you all must be tired, and I don't want to keep you all here for the rest of the day until we end."

"I think I'll do that," Muria nodded to her.

Usually, people might think that the right answer for Muria is to stay with Irina. However, if that is against Muria's wishes, then she will not pick that answer. Even though I am not them and thus do not know exactly how their mind operates, but because I am looking in from the outside, I can say without any bias that this is simply the way their relationship operates. Neither has to force themselves to say or do anything the either does not desire to do.

"I guess we'll be heading back as well," I added in.

"Let me walk you all to the exit," Irina insisted.

"No," I said, rejecting her offer. However, I realized that my tone of voice might've been a bit too...harsh, a bit too rough. "I mean...if you go with us, you'll just draw a crowd, and that'll make things even more difficult for us."

"I guess you're right," Irina nodded and said as she accepted her defeat.

"See you later," Muria and Alvelyn said to the girl as the two started walking towards the exit. I followed after the two girls, turning away from Irina and began making my way towards the door.

"Alevian."

I heard Irina softly call my name, and I stopped in my tracks and glanced over my shoulder at her.

"Is something the matter?" Alvelyn looked over and asked.

"Nothing," I said to her without taking my eyes off of Irina. "You two can go ahead. I'll catch up."