Panicking Princey (Prinxiety)

January 25th, 2019
Requested by Lexzread

Princey had decided that he wanted to watch a movie with Virgil so that maybe he could make a move on the emo nightmare. You know, an arm around his shoulders, get a little closer, maybe a romantic kiss if he was lucky enough. He wasn't too sure about that last one, but he was tired of hiding how he felt.

The creative Side had no idea that Virgil had gone to the Imagination without letting anyone know.

He was just enjoying a peaceful day, under his favorite tree in Roman's kingdom. He'd gotten out his pocket knife and carved 'R+V' into the bark, which was one of the reasons why he loved it so much. If you asked the anxious Side why he'd done that, he tell you he really didn't know, just that it felt right.

The breeze blew at the willow branches that hung around him, making him sign happily as he relaxed against the trunk. It wasn't often that he could feel calm like this.

Roman on the other hand, wasn't calm. He was nervous to ask the anxious Side about a movie, fearing he'd be shot down because of his past mistakes. He was fully aware of how terrible he'd been to him. Nonetheless, he refused to chicken out; he was a prince after all.

He checked the common room for him, thinking that he might be sitting in his favorite chair with his phone, but he found nothing. Frowning, the creative Side made his way into the kitchen. "Greetings Patton," he said with a slight smile. "I was wondering if you'd seen Anxiety."

"Hmm," the moral Side hummed as he rolled out the chocolate chip cookie dough he'd been making all afternoon. "I don't think I've seen him for a while. I think I saw him go toward Logan's room though."

With this new information, the prince set off for the logical Side's abode. He knocked on the door and entered swiftly, finding him, unsurprisingly, working on something on his laptop. "Good afternoon, Roman," he said without looking for his shoulder. "What do you need?"

"One: how did you know it was me? Two: have you seen Virgil?" the creative Side said, raising an eyebrow as Logan spun to face him in his desk chair.

"To your first question, I saw your reflection in my computer monitor," he explained. "As for Virgil's whereabouts, he talked to me briefly earlier, but perhaps you should check his room? It is his typical location."

Roman felt stupid for not thinking to go there first. "Ah, yes, I was totally going to go there, but Patton said he saw him come this way so," he rambled in defense.

"Whatever Roman, is that all you require? May I continue my work?" Logan said with an arched brow.

The prince nodded and hurried out of the room, heading for the anxious Side's. He knocked upon getting to the black and purple door, but there was no response from inside. "Anxiety?" he called, thinking that perhaps he hadn't heard the knock. "Are you in there?"

With still no response, he headed inside. Roman froze; there was always something about this room that put him on edge. He knew it was the corruption's affects that were already beginning to take over by first making him anxious and unsure of himself. Determined to find Virgil, he pressed on and walked further into the threshold.

"Virgil?" he said, looking around. He wasn't on his bed, his desk chair was empty, and the bathroom door was wide open to reveal no one inside. "Hot Topic?"

Even with the use of the nickname he received no response. He felt like something was watching him though, making him look around nervously. "Okay Anxiety, nice prank, but seriously, come out," he said, crossing his arms. "I know you're in here."