The last year has been somewhat of a transition year for the both of us. A lot of changes were made and we were just now starting to get settled in. Instead of going to the same high school that I had gone too, Paige opted to finish her schooling online and get her graduation diploma faster. Even though I was a year older and a full two grades ahead of her, she managed to graduate only a few months after me. Around the same time, Jackson was born and living in the pack house was pretty hectic to say the least. I never complained because I knew Paige loved being around her family and wherever she went, I went.

 The biggest change came when Evan officially named me third in command. The title meant that I was in charge of keeping peace in the pack and I looked over the training of the teenage kids in the pack. It also meant that I had to lead the raids against known rogue hide outs or safe houses that belonged to hunters. That’s always the downside to being third in command. I never liked being away from Paige but at least once a month I have to leave for anywhere from a few days to a week. She always said it didn’t bother her but I knew deep down it was a sore subject.

Paige has officially become a college student and attends the local community college. She decided that she wasn’t going to sit around all day when I’m attending to pack duties so she figured attending school would give her something to do. While she isn’t sure of what exactly she wants to do she knows it will involve children. I know she’ll be a great mother when we decide to have kids.

The last change came as a big surprise to me. A few months ago Paige decided to move out of the pack house. She’s eighteen so technically she’s a legal adult but it came as a shock to most of the pack. It was always clear that being around her family and friends helped her to overcome her past and the sadness and anger that followed it. When she made the announcement that she was moving into her own apartment, we all just sat in shock. She explained that it was time for her to be more independent and pointed out that it was common for people her age to move out. Sutton and Evan eventually let her go after she promised that she would be close by and at least live where there are plenty of other pack members around. Sometimes you get moments in your life that you never forget and one of mine is the conversation we had about moving.

I took the cap off the Sharpie in my hand and quickly marked the box in front of me with my name. Grabbing the packing tape off the bed, I sealed the box and put it next to the door. I got to work putting more of my clothes into another box before once again hazardously printing my name on the top. I frowned as I realized I still had a lot of things to pack up and that didn’t include the mountain of clothes Paige had yet to put in boxes.

“Uhh, honey?” I turned around to find Paige standing at the door with her eyebrows raised. “Sweetie, what are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m packing.” I threw my hands in the air and gestured around the room.

“Packing for what?” She asked lamely.

“Well the apartment’s all ready and we have to pack up all of our things before we can move in.” I reminded her.

“We…” She murmured as she looked down.

“Yes. We.” I clarified. “Is there something going on?”

“No, no not at all.” Paige stuttered quickly. “It’s just, I just thought that I was making this move. Alone.”

“Alone.” I repeated. I didn’t try to keep the hurt off my face. It was painful to think that my mate was moving away and didn’t want me to come with her.

“It’s just that we never talked about it and I thought that you didn’t want to come because you never mentioned anything about it.” Paige rambled.