82. rapid rain

Anna took a deep breath.
She needed to breathe. Fear was not the only emotion clouding her mind at that moment, there was confusion, anger, and then there was remorse and guilt.

She shut her eyes for a second and then opened it slowly to take a good look at herself in the mirror

How on earth did you let things get so complicated Anna?

For a second she wished she didn't know what she knew. She wished she had not confronted Gina. How on earth was she supposed to forget now? How on earth was she ever going to get Angelo to forgive her if he ever found out. Especially after standing up to everyone like the way he did before? Anna stood still
She slowly reached for her belly and rubbed it gently. She wasn't even sure what she had to do anymore about anything. She was so deep into everything now and she wasn't sure there was a back door out of it. God, she was sick. She was sick of all of it.

Anna could feel her nausea set in again.
She could feel herself want to just die. She held her breaths

"I didn't see you leave this morning."

Anna jumped in fright at the sound of Angelo's voice from behind her.

Gosh.

He scared her. She had almost forgotten he was in the house too. She had left so early in the morning that she couldn't even blame him for noticing.

"A-Angelo." She said almost in a whisper

Angelo frowned a bit, lowering brows. He tightened his towel on his waist, placing the shorter one around his head to dry his hair.

"I Uh- I went for a morning run." Thank God she was dressed for it

Angelo paused for a minute. He could notice the look of shock, on her face. He could see how pale she had gotten. He took a step to her.

"Are you okay?"

He was worried about her. Anna cringed backwards. She was so nervous, her palms were sweaty and she didn't want him to see. She wasn't sure she was going to be able to hold back from telling him the truth if he got one step closer.

"Uh huh?" She looked away quickly, tucking her hair behind her ear. She couldn't even bring herself to look at him, her heart was so heavy.

Angelo paused for a second. Something was definitely wrong, he could see that. No matter how she tried to hide it.

"Is this about what happened yesterday? About what mum said?" Anna looked at him, it was like he was trying to say something but didn't know how to.
"About the divorce?"

She exhaled. She wished that was it.

"No." She whispered just as she slouched. "that's not-"

"Anna if that's the reason -" he took another step towards her and at this time, she knew it was better if he believed it was about the divorce than what the truth really was, talking about the divorce could be a distraction as well.

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"
Anna cut him off.

Of course she thought about it. No matter how much Anna tried not to think about it, that divorce was the last thing she needed. She wasn't sure how much she needed this man but she needed him. He was the only thing about her life that wasn't planned out for her by her family. He was the only choice she made on her own.

"Did you think I didn't need to know ? You think it didn't matter that your family actually suggested that we annulled our marriage? You think it didn't matter?"

Angelo exhaled
He took one step closer and then another one till he was really close to her.

"I had the right to know." Anna's voice broke. She just wanted to let it all out. She was dying inside. The guilt she felt was eating her inside. She just had to lash out on something, on anything. She needed to let it out