Heartbeat

"Angelo?" Anna softly whispered.

"mnnn." Angelo moaned slowly. "You want to go again?" He asked weakly, his voice trembling even as her fingers slowly crawled on his arm to hold it. She lowered her gaze to him quickly and shook her head.

"No, I mean yes but -" she paused. "Are you expecting anyone?"

Angelo thought for a while. He frowned and furrowed his brows so he looked at her. She looked anxious about something and he couldn't tell what it was especially since he didn't have super hearing like her.

"No, why?"

Anna turned tothe clock. It was past eleven

"I can hear voices from the door. We are not alone, I think there are people here."

Angelo raised his head to the clock immediately and then settled it back on her.

"What?"

He paused for a while and tried to listen too. He could hear the voices now. Anna wasn't joking. He turned to the clock again.

"It's pretty late."

He said getting up gently from Anna. He pulled up his trousers quickly and fastened his belt while Anna tried to sit up. Her legs were still shaky a bit.

Angelo hurried to button his shirt. He forgot there were no buttons left after Anna pulled them all out before. He scratched his head for a while and then chuckled faintly looking around. He could barely find any of them. He turned to Anna who was busy try to fix her night dress in place.

She took a deep breath

"Hey," He walked closer to her.

"let me." He placed an hand around her and the other beneath her legs. Angelo slowly lifted her off the table and placed her gently on the ground.

"Are you alright?" He had to ask, noticing how she had winced sharply the moment her feet had touched the ground . He was afraid he had hurt her.

"Did i-" Anna's rough smile cut him off. She shook her head.

"I'm fine." She placed her hair strand behind her ear. Angelo exhaled in relief.

"I'd go see who dropped by." He told her. "Just wait here, okay?"

He wasn't going to let her just go out there without knowing what was out there. He was about to turn without getting an answer from her when she quickly reached for his hand. She couldn't explain it but Anna had a weird feeling about it. She was anxious, just like that time years ago at the arc. He could see how terrified she was to be on her own. He exhaled and pulled his hand from under hers so he held hers slowly.

If she was so scared being on her own then he was going to take her with him. He pulled her gently behind him as he walked out of the room.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you inside," Angelo could hear lauretta's tiny voice from the door. "Mr and Mrs Trusk are really busy at the moment and cannot attend to any visitors right now."

"Lauretta."

Angelo called as he walked in. There was a lady and a man in suits inside. They all turned when they noticed Angelo and Anna's presence.

"What's going on?" Anna asked wrapping her arms on her breasts to hide how aroused they were.

"We are sorry for the intrusion Mr And Mrs Trusk, but we'd like to speak to you both," the lady started and turned to Angelo, "Especially you Mr Trusk."

"I tried to stop them from coming in sir but they wouldn't listen," Lauretta stepped forward. Angelo slowly turned to the maid.

"It's okay Lauretta, you may go now."