Some Substance

It was a long morning for Angelo, more like a long night too. He had spent the entire two hours since he woke up thinking about the night they had, wondering why she had suddenly disappeared from his side before he woke up.

Facing her wasn't what he was worried about. Facing the Anna he had always known, the Anna that always asked him to stay away from her, that was terrified him because after what had happened, Angelo knew he couldn't ever leave, leaving her was going to be almost impossible. He was so attached to this woman now. He was sure of it. There was no way in hell he was ever going to let her push him away again.

"Good morning sir Angelo."

Angelo noticed the snickering on the faces of the maids as they walked past him.

That was weird.

How loud exactly was he and Anna the day before anyway? He could feel his cheeks reddening just thinking about it. He had lost counts of how many rounds they went. All he knew was they kept switching places, it was the living room, and then the dining, the shower, and everywhere else. It was a crazy night, the most crazy experience of his life and it was no surprise if the whole house knew too. That was one thing about being with Anna, there were no boundaries. He was free.

He took a deep breath.

Breakfast!
He was starving.

Angelo checked his wrist watch, twenty something minutes past eight. There was no way Anna was going to be home that late, it had to explain why she left without even saying a word to him.

Was she embarrassed? Did she regret it? Was she going to lash out on him at the office again?

Angelo exhaled. He walked into the dining room.

"Good morning."

Angelo froze for a while, holding his breath as he narrowed his gaze on the table in front of him. He didn't understand a thing he saw but that smirk, that smirk on her face, it was something he never dreamed of seeing the moment he walked into the dining area. The table was filled with every dish he could think about, they were his favorites too.

"I'd take it from here."
She said.

Angelo looked at her closely. Why was she still in her night dress? Why wasn't she halfway at the office already?

"H-hey."

He greeted back trying to wrap his head around the entire scene as the maid walked away with a large smile on her face. She bowed as she walked past him.

"Well, have a seat. You're about to drool all over breakfast." Angelo scoffed. If this was a dream, he surely didn't want to wake from it. He walked slowly to the large seat at the head of the table while Anna walked towards him with a plate filled with pancakes.

She placed some slices into his plate.

"You look awfully suprised."
Angelo looked at her. He was blushing from ear to ear, it had to be embarrassing for a grown man like him. He shook his head.

"I wasn't just expecting - I thought you already left."

"Why would you think that?" Anna dropped the plate and took a seat beside him.

Angelo raised a brow, pursing his lips like he was trying to stop himself from being too shy about the situation.

"I honestly have no idea." he scratched his forehead. "When I didn't find you next to me after I woke up, I just thought it like that. You've never really stayed home by this time."

Angelo poured himself a glass of water and took a drink. Angelo shook his head with his lips still in his glass cup.

"True." She said. "But I was feeling generous today, I just thought I'd wake earlier and make you breakfast-"