Thirst

"Does it hurt?"

Angelo opened his eyes slowly, looking at his face again from the mirror. Patricia's finger prints were faint now but it still didn't change the way he felt, it didn't change how horrible he felt for leaving her right there. He shouldn't have left when she asked him to, he should have stayed, he should have tried to make her understand, to make sure she was okay. Apart of him wanted to be there for her, a part of him wished he took back everything he said, or at least been more subtle. He had only realized how much his words must have hurt her at that moment. He had known Patricia almost all his life, he was well aware of how much they meant to each other. He knew he could literally do anything for her, hurting Patricia was the last thing he wanted to do.

Angelo exhaled

He slowly turned to the bathroom door where Anna stood, staring at him, worrying about him while she waited for him to answer her question honestly.

She knew she didn't need Angelo to tell her what had happened for her to make a correct guess. There was no one else that would have a reason to throw her hands on him . Patricia was the only woman in his life besides her that could do that and leave him thinking hard the way he was for hours.

Angelo exhaled

It wasn't something Anna needed to worry about, but she was worried, she could see the look on his face and she just knew that her guess was right.

"Do you need me to get an ice for that?"

Angelo raised his eyes from the mirror to look at her and then let out another weak break.

"Uh- not exactly." He tried to force a smile "it's nothing to worry about."

Anna exhaled weakly and then it followed with an awkward silence.

"Do you regret it?"

Angelo frowned, furrowing his brows at her.

"I know how much she means to you Angelo, I won't be surprised if you suddenly feel like you could take it all back, if you feel like she should be the one in this room instead of me."

"W-why would you think that?"

Angelo wanted to be sure. He had a lot going on in this head and regret wasn't for choosing her wasn't one of them. Anna pouted, she really hoped he didn't too.

"I know she is the only closest person you have to a family," Anna folded her arms trying not to come off as the jealous Alien wife, "you both have been through a lot together. She has practically known you all your life, everyone is rooting for you two, they think you're better off with her than-"

Anna swallowed her saliva hard. Her next choice of words made her mouth so heavy,

"Than me." Angelo raised his brow

"Really?"

She shrugged her shoulders unsure of how she probably sounded.

"She has a lot to offer you Angelo. An actual human home, life, a family. I'm not even sure I can ever be able to do any of that. I'm just - different."

Angelo wiped his face with his hand even though there was nothing on it. He wasn't sure what to say.

"Come here." He stretched his hand towards Anna , expecting her to take it and come to him. She didn't hesitate. Angelo pulled her close, loser. She sat on his legs.

"Let's say you're right." He started. "Patricia and I have been through a lot in the past. At a point in time, she was the only person that mattered to me, but all that was before , before I met you, before I got to know you. All that was in the past, you are my future, you are my family."

Anna exhaled heavily

"I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks or talks about, you're the one I want to be with."

"What about her?"Angelo inhaled, she reached for his hand and squeezed it. "Angelo I'm afraid that you're about to lose someone you care about, someone you need, someone who has always been there for you."

Angelo slowly reached for her hands. He squeezed them

"Don't worry about it, I know Patricia. She can't be angry with me for too long. What she needs now is space, and once she gets enough of that, I'd reach out to her again. I won't give up on her."

Angelo smiled. Anna's heart was melting, his smile was so perfect, he was perfect.

"Thank you."she whispered to him

"For what?"

Anna frowned. She suddenly remembered, she was touched by the beauty of the heart of the man that was in front of her to act careless or act like she didn't.

"Shink told me about what you did, to Bill and Veronica."

Angelo exhaled and lowered his gaze to their joined hands,

"No one has ever been that nice, no one has ever shown me this much kindness all my life." She squeezed his hand. "Thank you Angelo."

She smiled, trying to push back the tears in her eyes but Angelo could see them. He could see how shiny they made her eyes look, so beautiful, so clear.

He wrapped his hands around her waist and placed his head on her breasts while she embraced him. He needed that hug at that moment, he hugged her so tight till Anna let out a silent sob

She was crying already.

This was getting really difficult for her, it wasn't a game anymore, she loved this man. This was real, she knew it was. Things were going to get difficult from there on and she knew it. She could feel it.