78. One last time

"Welcome home Mr Trusk." Lauretta greeted as she slowly took Angelo's bag from her "Mrs Trusk,"

Anna smiled just as she clung on tighter to Angelo's arm while they walked inside. Angelo took a deep breath. It was all he had wanted to do for the past eight days he was at the hospital, home, it had felt like forever.

"We already got your room prepared for you." Lauretta told Anna not bothering to take off the wide smile on her face. She was so excited Angelo was back home. Everyone was

"Thank you Lauretta." Anna said . She watched how the lady nodded and then walked away. Anna slowly turned to Angelo. He had barely said a word all day.

"Are you alright?"

Angelo turned to look at her. He smiled and then reached for her hand. He squeezed it.

"Of course."

Anna exhaled. She couldn't help but notice the band aid wrapped around his arm. She could see the tiny drops of blood that stained his sleeved shirt

"You opened your wound again."

Angelo turned to his arm. Anna was right.
His arm was bleeding again and he had no idea when he hurt himself

"Come on." She pulled him "let's fix that."

Anna pulled him slowly towards the stairs and then up

*******************************************

Anna shut the first aid box. She picked it up from the bed and headed straight to the bathroom

"Is there anything else you need?" She asked him as she walked out of the bathroom

"What would you like to eat?" She sniffed "I'd have Lauretta get it ready. Would you like to do anything? Go somewhere? I'd take you."

Angelo looked at her.

She looked so anxious and tired at the same time. It was like she was biting her lip, trying to force a lot of words back into her throat. She had a lot of tears in her eyes, and sadness she was trying to keep in. It was all she did since after his operation, cry when she thought he wasn't looking.

Now she was just trying to hold back.
He exhaled.

He got up slowly just as Anna held her breath. He walked straight to her.

"Don't do that ." He told her

Anna held her breath.

"Do what?"

"I've seen you Anna, you've been affected by what happened just like I am, you feel guilty for what happened to me."

She exhaled,

"I Uh." She shut her eyes for a second

"You don't have to do that. It wasn't your fault."

Anna wiped the tear that rolled down her eyes quickly and forced a laugh out.

"I'm sorry."

She walked straight to the bed and pulled open the bag Lauretta had brought up for them. She had to unpack and it was a lot of unpacking to do for an eight days admission.

"I just can't help myself." She said. "My emotions haven't exactly been on my side recently. It's just - all over the place."

She said throwing the clothes on the bed as fast as she could. Her hands were shaky, her palms were sweaty too.

"I can't help but think and blame myself for what Happened to you Angelo. You almost died and it was all because of me. I don't know what I'd have done if-"