Hope

Anna stood right outside the door watching Angelo talk with Stefan and Sophie from the
Glass. For someone who was so curious to know what it was they had been going on about, she couldn't bring herself to walk in.

What were they talking about?

She couldn't stop asking the same questions to herself over and over again. There was only one thing she could think of; they were probably breaking the news to him.

She let out a weak breath, taking a concerned note of the look on all their faces.

Yet she could not bring herself to look at him, to see the look on Angelo's face as they told him they weren't going to help him anymore. It just took one family member to turn their back on him and it had to be the most important one.

Anna could barely see a thing since Sophie's hospital gown blocked her view as it covered the most of Angelo's face, but she could clearly see Patricia. She could see her raising her voice and trying to argue with them. If there was anyone that was going to throw a tantrum after hearing what they had to say, it had to be Patricia.

She could also see Angelo reach for her arm gently and try to stop her. He didn't want her to cause a scene, he didn't want her to react the way she did. Who could blame her though? Angelo was probably going to die and they were just all supposed to watch him. Anna couldn't blame her for acting out the way she was, it was what fear did to people. It made them...scared.

Anna took a deep breath as a drop of tear fell from her eyes without her even knowing.

She cleaned her eyes quickly as she stepped away from the door immediately she noticed Sophie and Stefan were walking towards it.

Was that is? Were they done?

She couldn't let them or anyone see. Stephan was the first to walk through the door just as she turned quickly and forced herself to smile. Stefan wasn't frowning anymore, she could have sworn that she caught him force a smile as she brought herself to walk towards him while Sophie walked out right after.

She watched how Sophie frown for a bit while she just stood there, it was like she was thinking about something. Anna watched Sophie turn back to the door and run into the room and towards Angelo's bed.

Anna watched her lean closer to Angelo and grab his hand. She was telling him somethings Anna couldn't really hear.

"Hey." Anna felt her thoughts get cut short the moment he called her.  She turned to Stefan.

"Hey." She forced a smile on her face.

"I just wanted to thank you for understanding the situation, the both of you. You have no idea what this means to me. I know that I wasn't able to help right now but I promise you, I would find a way. Angelo is not going to die."

Anna wanted to believe him, a part of her hoped that he meant it. She let herself nod after him.

"Thank you. "

Those were the only words she could think of. She felt how Stefan's hand engulfed her thin shoulders and squeezed it gently, nodding his head right after.

She was nervous, and her heart was racing even as she tried to keep her composure. Anna turned back to the room as he walked away. She could see Sophie bending over to kiss Angelo lightly on his forehead. She watched Angelo carefully wondering how he still had the most genuine smile on his face. He seemed like he was okay with everything. 

Sophie walked away from the bed shortly after and headed towards the door. She walked out of it and let her gaze settle on Anna.

"Anna." She cleaned the tears from her eyes quickly, hoping that Anna had not noticed.

"A-are you okay?" Anna frowned, knowing that even as her question was weird, she just had to ask anyway. Sophie scoffed at the thought that Anna had actually asked her that. She raised her handkerchief to her nose and blew in it gently, folding it right back.

"Are you?" She asked her. Anna exhaled, she wasn't sure she had an answer. She looked back into the room.

"It's okay Anna." Sophie told her just as she lowered her gaze and took it back to Sophie, wondering what it was she was talking about.

"It's okay to be scared and worried about him, It's okay to admit it." Sophie looked at her straight in the eyes and Anna could see the ray of hope in them.

"It's okay to love him."

Anna frowned. She could feel her chest tighten immediately at the sound of Sophie's words. She could feel her palms clench and her cheeks redden at the same time. She wanted to cut Sophie off, she wanted to deny it but when she opened her mouth to speak, the words just didn't come out.

"You don't have to hide it anymore, you have to tell him or you'd regret it."

"T-tell him?" Anna scoffed. That had to be the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. She was getting too uncomfortable with the conversation. She couldn't believe that she was actually entertaining the absurdity of the conversation, and with his sister at that.

"There's no way-"

"There's no way what?" Sophie cut her off. "Don't be silly Anna, you turn red at the mention of his name, your eyes scream that you are dying from anxiety and worrying about him."

Anna held her breath.

"Why do you keep fighting it? Until when would you realize that just because you both are from different worlds does not mean that you don't deserve to be together. No one gets him the way you do and trust me, as crazy as it sounds, a human-Atian love-story can't be as bad as growing old and regretting that you did not even try at all."

"It's not that simple Sophie-"

"Oh Anna," Sophie rolled her eyes. "There is no such thing. Love is not simple, and it's even harder when you're in a love that everyone thinks is impossible. You are you, and he is him, you don't have to fit into his world, no one is asking you to. So what if you're different? Everyone is different and if it's so hard being different in each other's world, then create your own."

Anna looked into the room through the window and Sophie joined her.

"He doesn't have a lot of time left Anna, don't let yourself regret and hate yourself because you didn't even start at all."

Sophie frowned.

"Forever doesn't have to be sad and lonely."

Anna could feel her heart beat slowly when Sophie slowly reached for her arm and gave it a squeeze. She couldn't remember what happened after that and she certainly didn't notice Sophie walk away from her.

Anna left her gaze in the room, she could see them, she could watch them both. Angelo and Patricia looked like they could do without anyone at that moment. She could see how Patricia couldn't stop herself from crying and she watched Angelo try to comfort her.

She wasn't sure about forever with Angelo. From what she could see, he was doing well with Patricia by her side. She was really silly, she couldn't believe that she actually thought Sophie was up to something and what was worse, she couldn't believe that she was about to do what she was going to do, what her heart wanted her to do.

She slowly reached for her phone and dialed a number, leaving her eyes right on the window.

"You must be out of your mind Anna."

"Hey Shink. It's me." She placed a hand on her head and turned around. She couldn't believe she was about to say what she was about to say. "I uh-" she drawled. "I can't believe I'm about to say this but I think I'm going to do it, I can't watch him die Shink, I just- I can't sit here and do nothing about it." She exhaled and then paused, trying to think of her next choice of words carefully.

"I'm going to give Angelo my blood tonight. I know what you're going to say but I've made up my mind. You don't have to forgive me, but I'm asking you to help me."

She exhaled and stopped walking. She turned back to the glass.

"Shink, I'm asking you to come up with an alibi."