Reedemption

"Easy now."

Patricia took in the early morning fresh air as she held on tight to Angelo, helping him take one more step into the garden. She didn't pay any attention to the chirping sounds of the birds but she did take note of the sweet smell of Daisies that replaced the air the moment she got right in.

It had been a miracle the way Angelo could even afford to go out on a walk. She still remembered walking into his room that morning to find him trying to struggle to get up from his bed right after the nurses had taken his samples. It was even weirder that he was suddenly requesting to take a stroll in the garden.

"Oh be careful," he told her, also watching her and making sure that she was safe too. Angelo could imagine how exhausting it must have been for her to care for him like she did. He couldn't bear the thought of her falling to the ground because she was too busy caring for him to notice the stone in front of her.

"You know you really don't have to do this." Angelo said for the hundredth time as he tried to take a seat on the long bench, being as gentle as he could. .

"I already told you, besides being a little dizzy from all the tests, I feel completely fine."

He could see how she shrugged her shoulders and pouted her lips as she raised her head to look into his eyes. She couldn't believe he could say words like that to her.

"Well I wouldn't have to do any of this if that wife of yours cared enough to be here for you."
Angelo exhaled as a weak smile covered his face. He didn't exactly like it when she was fussy, but he had to admit, he liked that she cared that much.

"You know, wanting to control the company, I understand, but acting like she cares one day and then she doesn't the next, that one I can't agree with" She went on

Angelo laughed nervously.

If only she knew the heartless woman he had married. He thought to himself, if only she knew.

Patricia exhaled, bringing herself to sit right beside him.

"it's not funny Angelo. She's supposed to be here, it doesn't matter if it's for good press or not, she should be here."

Angelo scoffed.

"Are you tired of being here?" He pouted.

"Of course not." She frowned. He raised a brow to tease before she rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean Angelo." She was a bit nervous, she tucked the strands of hair on her face behind her ear.

"Stop doing that. You know I'd rather be here than be anywhere else." She slowly reached for his hands and rubbed them with hers, they were so warm. Angelo buried his gaze on their warm hands, it had been such a long time since they were like that, since he felt her that way. He had almost forgotten what it felt like to have her hands on his or in.

"You don't have to be scared Angelo, or worried. Nothing is going to happen to you. I would never let anything happen to you."

He raised his gaze to meet hers, faked smile and all. He sniffed.

"I'm not scared." He told her, pulling his hands from hers and placing them on hers  "on the contrary, I have a huge feeling that I'm not going to die yet."

He slowly took his hands away.

"It's strange but I woke up this morning feeling- different."

Patricia furrowed her brows at him. She got that he was trying to be pessimistic but there was a look in his eyes that wasn't there before. She couldn't explain it.