Sand In Castles.

Eating alone.
Same thing he had done for the best part of his life. He was supposed to be used to it by now but why did it feel so strange? Angelo played with his food, he wasn't sure he could remember what to do with it. He had barely had an appetite or the ability to think straight since after what he witnessed. He slowly turned to the empty seat across his.

It had been three days since he witnessed Anna's transition. Three days since he last saw her. It was obvious Anna was avoiding him. She wouldn't even know what to say if she saw him that moment, she wouldn't know how to answer the tons of questions he was going to ask. She didn't want to see the look of fear or disgust in his eyes when he saw her. She knew he had a lot of questions to ask. He was still shaken by what he saw but he could only ask those questions if she left her room for a second.

Anna had locked herself in and she barely had anything to eat. Angelo sighed, images of what happened pushing themselves back to his memory again, it was really exhausting and traumatic. He buried his head in his hands when he heard the door bell ring.

The butler came rushing in after three minutes.

"Mr Trusk?"

He looked up. The butler was standing right there.

"I'm sorry to bother you but there are some people here for Mrs Trusk. And they are insisting on seeing her."

Angelo's eyebrows furrowed.

"Really?"

"I'm afraid yes, sir."

"Well did they say who they were?"

"Her parents sir."

"Oh." Angelo said. Anna had parents? He had no idea Anna had any parents? Last he heard, her parents were killed by humans, was he referring to her foster human parents? He got up slowly.

"I'd take it from here. Thank you Sebastian."

The butter nodded and then walked away.

Angelo cleaned his face with his hands quickly, like he could brush off the confusion on it and then took deep breaths. He walked out of the large room, taking his time as he approached the door to the living room.

"I'm sorry but Mrs Trusk can't see anyone right now." He heard whispers and he recognized whose voice it was immediately. It was Shinks.

"What do you mean she can't see anyone? We are her parents."

"Yes I know but she's not well enough. She's sick and has requested that we forbid anyone from bothering her."

"Well you tell Anna to come down here because we aren't leaving without talking to her."

They all turned as soon as they heard his footsteps.

"Is everything alright here?" Angelo walked in, narrowing his gaze Shink.

Shink swallowed hard, trying to talk but the fat woman beside the really skinny man pushed him aside just so she could get Angelo's attention. He almost fell into one of the chairs if not for his strong stamina.

"You must be Anna's husband."
Angelo turned to the woman with a British accent and freckles all over her chubby cheeks. She shone her teeth so brightly as she stretched her hand for a shake.

"We've heard so much about you."

Of course they did, seeing that they never came for her wedding. Angelo slowly reached for her hands and shook them, trying to be as polite as possible.

"I'm Veronica Walter and this is my husband," She gestured her husband to come closer and he did. "Billy."

Angelo turned to the man in a red Trashers t-shirt tucked into his faded jeans. They exchanged handshakes.