fifty - are you serious?

Jasmine

"Now, since I dragged you into this mess, I need to teach you how to protect yourself." Ethan said to me.

We were all sitting in the basement, listening to what Ethan had to say. "I don't want you to leave this house, knowing that you're going to get hurt and not be able to fight back." he explained.

He reached for his back pocket, pulling out a black hand gun. My eyes widened as he handed it to me. "You want me to carry a gun around?" I asked him, shocked.

He's insane.

"Well, you're gonna need to learn how to use it first." Ethan smirked at me. I looked down at the gun in my hand. Is he actually being serious?

"Wait, you're being serious?" I asked him, astonished.

"Yes, obviously." he chuckled, squeezing my cheek. He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the basement. The rest of the boys followed us up the stairs. What the fuck is going on?

Ethan pulled me along to a part of the house I didn't even know existed. It was down on the bottom level, near the gym. We walked down the long hallway and to the last door of the hall.

"Ethan I don't know how to use a gun!" I yelled, only for him to chuckle.

"Not yet, Jasmine." he smirked at me. I sighed, giving in.

We walked inside a room filled with targets and guns, just like in a police station. I looked over at Ethan as he grinned at me.

"Let's get started." he clapped his hands together.

"You're kidding." my jaw was almost on the floor.

"He's not." Grayson patted my shoulder.

Ethan took my hand, leading me in front of one of the targets, shaped like a person. He cocked my gun, holding it up.

"First, you're gonna want to aim." he said, handing the gun to me. I bit my lip, taking it from him. My hands were shaking. I had never shot a gun before.

"Hold it up, aim for the centre." Ethan instructed me. I nodded, doing exactly as he said. I held the gun up, the front of it pointing to the target.

"Now, use this finger and rest it on the trigger." Ethan said, signalling to my forefinger. I nodded, doing that.

"Now, pull the trigger and shoot." he said, standing back. I nodded, focusing. I closed my eyes for a seconds, repeating the words Ethan said.

My finger clutched the trigger and I opened my eyes. I pulled the trigger and the bullet shot out, landing directly in the middle of the targets 'head'. My eyes widened, as I looked down at my hands. How did I do that?

Ethan laughed loudly, looking over at me. The rest of the boys looked shocked. They cheered for me, laughing. "That's my girl." he high fived me. The rest left, leaving me and Ethan alone.

"I want you to train me," I said quickly, and before he can say anything, I quickly added, "Basic self defense."

He faced me, his one perfect eyebrow arched while he continued to drink his water. When he finished the bottle, he threw the bottle on the floor, "Self defense. Are you sure? Learning to fight like this... It's no joke." 

I glared at him, "Girls can learn to fight like that too, you know. I just don't want to feel like how I did last night. Helpless."

Ethan's face softened, though his eyes never left my face almost as if he were trying to study me. Then he squinted them, "Are you ready for this then?" He began walking towards me, "The working out, keeping your guard up at all times."