ten - i'm sorry

Jasmine

Saturday morning

I was woken up by the light shining in my face. I didn't even realise I fell asleep until now. My eyes landed on Ethan. I studied his facial features. He doesn't look like a gang member. He looked so innocent, yet he was far from it. He sat across from me in the van, scrolling on his phone while he ate his pancakes.

His head lifted up, his hazel eyes landing on me. "You want breakfast?" he asked me. I ignored him and he scoffed. I wasn't hungry.

"Well you're getting some anyway." he told me, getting up. He made his way over to me, unchaining me and handed me a plate of pancakes. He then sat back down. At least he was nice enough to unchain me so I could eat my pancakes. I didn't feel like eating though. I watched as his chiseled jaw clenched as he bit down on his breakfast. The way his hazel eyes would glance up at me every few seconds while I sat there silently admiring him.

I heard him sigh and I looked up at him. Our eyes locked. "Why aren't you eating?" he asked me and I could sense he was getting annoyed.

"I'm not hungry." I said bluntly. I looked down at my untouched food. There wasn't a single bite taken out of it.

"Jasmine, you need to eat. You haven't eaten since yesterday evening." he said running his hands through his hair.

"I'd rather starve." I fired back at him. He stared intimidatingly at me making me almost shiver.

"Do I need to feed you?" he asked tilting his head.

I stared blankly at him. He got up from his seat and walked over to me. He picked up my plate and I sealed my mouth shut. Is he serious? He picked up my fork and cut a piece of pancake. He lifted it up to my mouth and I shook my head. "You're going to eat this whether you like it or not, Jasmine." he said, grabbing my chin.

He looked at me dead in the eyes causing me to become suddenly nervous. "Stop being so stubborn and open your mouth." he said but I wouldn't budge. "Fine, something else will have to go in your mouth." he smirked down at me.

My eyes widened as I gasped. He took this as his opportunity to shove the food in my mouth. He opened and closed my mouth using his hands making me chew the food. He continued to do this until all the pancakes were gone. He sat back down in his seat. "Now that wasn't so bad was it?" he said and I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." he said.

"You cant tell me what to do! You're not my dad!" I fired back. He looked mad, but I didn't care. He may as well kill me, I didn't want to be here anymore. "What's the purpose of you kidnapping me? Why am I here?" I asked him, bitterly.

I had no idea where this bravery was coming from. One second I'm terrified of him, the next I'm yelling at him. He can't just take my family, friends and boyfriend away from me like that. I knew that made him mad. His breathing was heavy. He stared at me blankly, not saying anything.

"What do you want?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes.

"You." he said softly. He came up to me and ran his fingers through my hair. "I love you and someday you'll love me too." For once he was being so gently as he stared down at my lips.

I moved my head away from his touch instantly, making him punch the van wall beside my head. He tugged at the ends of his hair aggressively as blood dripped from his knuckles.

He is crazy, he has to be.

"She'll love me back, some day." he said quietly to himself.

"I'll never love you!" I said through gritted teeth. As soon as the words left my mouth I instantly regretted it. His head snapped up, as he watched me, profoundly. His hazel eyes became glossy but his face stayed the same. Is he crying?