thirty nine - secrets

Jasmine

I rushed over to Jason's bed and sat down next to him. He was staring at the ground, sniffing. My heart broke. "What's going on Jase?" I asked, embracing him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and cried into my chest. 

"Shh, it's okay." I cooed, rubbing his back soothingly. After a few minutes we pulled apart. He sniffed again, and I wiped his tears away with my thumbs. "What happened?" I asked him softly.

He took a deep breath. "I-I got a girl pregnant." he said and I froze.

My mouth remained opened for a minute or two. I finally spoke. "When did it happen?" I asked him.

My heart was racing. Jason got a girl pregnant. HE GOT A GIRL PREGNANT??!!!!

"You remember that night when I kissed you? And Ethan went ape shit on me?" He asked.

"How could I forget." I mumbled, earning a small smile to form on his lips.

"It was that night. I went out to get wasted and ended up hooking up with this girl." he as his smile slowly faded.

I grabbed his hand in mine. "Don't worry Jason, you two are gonna get through this together." I comforted him.

"That's the thing!" He raised his voice. "She doesn't want the baby! She threatened to get an abortion Jas, I can't let that happen. That's my kid." he voice cracked.

"Did you talk to her about it?" I asked him.

He nodded his head slowly. "She said if I don't keep the baby, she's getting an abortion. She doesn't want anything to do with it." he cried into his free hand. "I-I can't have a baby right now, I not ready." he said and I pulled him into my chest. I rubbed his back soothingly and whispered in his ear that everything would be okay. I don't know if I believe that or not.

"I can't do it alone." He croaked, wiping his tears away.

"I'll help you." I said, his head shot up. "You're right. You can't do it alone. I'll help you raise the baby. We all will." I said and he smiled lightly.

"Her first appointment is tomorrow. Can you come with me?" He asked me.

"Of course I will. But you know what Ethan's like. He won't let me alone with you after the incident." I said, my cheeks turning red.

"I'll tell him. But you can't tell anyone else. I don't want everyone knowing yet." he said and I nodded.

"Thank you, Jasmine." he pulled me in for a hug.

-

After I helped Jason get cleaned up, we walked downstairs into the kitchen. No one seemed to notice that Jason had been crying, so I guess I did a pretty good job of cleaning him up.

I sat down next to Ethan and he gave me a smile. God he's beautiful when he smiles. I wish he did it more often. I smiled back and Grayson and Jane came in with our food. We all began eating, everyone having a conversation about some upcoming mission or the Dallas Gang, but I wasn't listening.

My mind was elsewhere. Ethan tapped my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I hummed.

"You okay? You haven't touched your food." Ethan said, glancing down at my plate.

"I need to talk to you after dinner." I whispered, so only he and I could hear. He nodded his head, turning back around to talk to Ryan. "Meet us in Ethan's room after dinner." I mouthed to Jason, who was sitting across from me.

"Okay." he mouthed back. I gave him a small, reassuring smile and picked up my fork.

The rest of the dinner I didn't say anything and neither did Jason. No one seemed to notice. After everyone finished up, Cameron and Jane offered to clean up so Jason, Ethan and I hurried upstairs.