Cliché, but true [Part three]

Ross's POV

"What the hell is going on with you and Y/N?" one of my friends, Chad, asked as we got ready for hockey practice.

"Nothing much," I shrugged and he looked at me sceptically.

"Are you sure? You look stressed lately. Plus you're, like, living with her," Chad said jokingly and I sighed as I sat down on the bench. We were the only ones in the changing room.

"I am living with them," I said and his head snapped to me.

"Wait, what?" he asked and I groaned. I hated explaining to someone that my own dad chased me out of the house like a dog. It still hurt me to think back to that day. They haven't tried to make any contact with me.

"Yeah. My dad chased me away from home. He hasn't spoken to me in two weeks," I said as I removed my shirt and Chad paled.

"What the hell? Why?" he asked shocked.

"Promise you won't tell anyone else what I'm about to tell you?" I asked and Chad nodded as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I promise," he said and I took a deep breath.

"Y/N is pregnant. With my baby," I clarified and was met with complete silence from Chad. When I looked at him he was looking at me with a thoughtful expression.

"I'm proud of you. For taking responsibility. You are taking responsibility, right? Like helping her out and all that stuff," Chad said and I nodded.

"Yes, of course I am. About two weeks ago we had a sonogram appointment. Look," I said with a small smile and handed Chad my unlocked phone.

"It's your background photo?" he asked and I blushed.

"Yeah. I just feel really proud, despite our age. The doctor said the baby is perfectly healthy," I said and Chad suddenly grinned at me.

"Well this is adorable," he teased and suddenly pinched my cheek.

"Stop," I chuckled and slapped his hand away.

"Just remember I'm here if you guys need anything. Either one of you. Also, I'm going to make a kick-ass uncle," Chad said and I shook my head with a smile.

"Thank you for not judging me," I said and he shrugged.

"These things happen. Come on let's go practice," he said and we finished getting ready.

*^*^*

"Hey," I greeted Y/N as I walked into the house. She was sitting in the living room playing on her phone. It was quieter than I expected. Y/N looked up and smiled slightly.

"Hey. My parents had to fly out of town for some business emergency. So we're alone this weekend," she said and I sat down next to her.

"Well this is going to be an interesting weekend then," I said and she smiled cautiously.

"What are your plans for the weekend?" Y/N asked and I could sense an undertone of worry in her voice. I could immediately get a sense that she was worried about this weekend. And maybe she also questioned the fact if I would still support and help her if her were away and not keeping a constant eye on me.

"Y/N, please look at me," I said and she turned her head to me. "I'm not going to go out and party – definitely not. My priorities have changed and trust me when I say you and this baby come before anything else," I said.

Y/N was silent for a moment before I saw appreciation fill her eyes. "So pizza?" she asked and I chuckled before nodding.

Although Y/N was grateful, I knew she was weird when it came to emotions so I didn't get angry at her suddenly changing the subject.