Cliché, but true [Part two]

Your POV

"Will you come with me?" Ross asked and I looked at him. "To where?" I asked and he nibbled on his bottom lip nervously.

"To my parents," he said and I swallowed nervously. "Do I really have to?" I asked and he shook his head. "I'd just really feel better if you were there. Plus my dad wouldn't go completely insane if you were with me," Ross said and I let out a nervous breath.

Before I got the chance to reply however, the front door opened and my parents walked in. "I'm telling you, Frank, that was the cutest teddy for the baby. We should go and get one of those dustbins for her to help with the baby," my mom said and my heart warmed slightly.

"Oh, you must be Ross," my mom said as she and my dad walked into the living room, her heels clicking on the floor. My mom was a very classy woman. She was fancy and could come off as bit of a bitch, but underneath that she had a heart of gold. It was just her way of protecting herself.

"No," Ross shook his head and my mom furrowed her eyebrows.

"Ross," I hissed and he laughed nervously. "No, no, I am Ross," he said and my dad chuckled lightly.

"Are you afraid I'm going to beat you up?" my dad asked which caused Ross to nod his head. I sighed and placed my hand on my forehead. "I like him," my dad suddenly decided, with a huge grin, and my mom rolled her eyes.

"Well I don't like confrontation, Martha, so why don't you beat up the boy?" he asked my mom, but she ignored him and walked over to us.

"Please ignore him, Ross. I'm not mad anymore. I'm just still in shock. And I honestly don't know what to expect from you or if you're even going to support my daughter," my mom said and Ross nodded.

"I understand, Mrs Y/L/N. I know that we got ourselves into a bit of a pickle-"

"You definitely used your pickle," my dad cut Ross off before laughing hysterically at his own joke. My mom shook her head with a small chuckle before motioning Ross to continue.

"I know we messed up, but I promise to be here for your daughter and this baby. I'll get work and do everything I can to make sure that they are both living comfortably. A lot of hockey scouts are offering me positions on professional teams for after school. I promise to put my studies aside and help Y/N and this baby in every single way I can. I'll take my college money and buy things the baby needs," Ross said and my mom shook her head.

"Absolutely not," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? Mom-"

"You cannot put your education aside. I'll make the both of you a deal right now," my mom said. Ross and I looked curiously at each other before looking at her again.

"Ross, you can go and play your hockey. To support my daughter and this baby. After a year or two, whenever you guys feel ready, you can start going to university. If you guys need help with money we are willing to help you. That is, of course, if the hockey thing doesn't pan out. Ross, if you really do support my daughter and help her completely, then I am willing to pay for your studies too," my mom said and I looked at her in shock.

Look, let's not beat around the bush. My parents made a lot of money and they were rich, that was no secret, but I didn't know that they would be so considerate to pay someone else's college fees.

"No, Mrs Y/L/N, I absolutely cannot accept that," Ross denied and I looked between the two of them.

"Yes you can. In the long haul this will benefit my daughter and grandchild. So allow me to do this for you if you're willing to do all of that for my children. Now, you two should tell Ross's parents also. Y/N, you have a sonogram appointment for this Saturday. Ross you are welcome to come. If you say that you're going to be there every step of the way, prove it by coming this Saturday," my mom said before walking into the kitchen.