Giving birth

Double update! Also, short but sweet. 

Ross's POV

"Ross," my wife whimpered softly as she clutched my hand and I kissed her head. "I know, angel. You're doing so good," I comforted and she whined out as she sank deeper into the water, her big belly sticking out proudly.

You may be questioning how my wife and I got into this position.

Eleven months earlier my beautiful wife Y/N and I decided to start trying for a baby. After two months we finally got pregnant. It was one of the most amazing days in my life. Y/N's pregnancy went smoothly and she has never looked more beautiful. Pregnancy suited her perfectly. We had a scare when she was about five months along. She started bleeding a lot, but luckily it was nothing serious. Our baby was still happy and healthy, safely inside his mom.

Not long after that we found out that we were having our very own baby boy. We couldn't wait to have him. We couldn't decide on a name, but we both decided that we'd know his name as soon as he was born.

My wife and I decided to do a home birth. She wanted to be comfortable in her own home and I had no objections to this. She was going to give birth to my son and I wanted her to be happy.

I couldn't wait to finally start my own family. My life couldn't have been any better.

I let all mine and Y/N's siblings know and our parents. Now we were just waiting for our little boy to make his appearance as I held Y/N in the tub.

"I don't want to be in the water anymore," my wife whimpered when the contraction passed, but she suddenly gasped. "What's wrong?" I panicked as she hit her head against my shoulder. "How's everything going in her?" our midwife asked as she entered the room.

"I want to push!" Y/N cried out and the midwife looked between my wife's legs. "Oh dear, you're already crowning," she said and Y/N grabbed my hands again.

"Looks like we're staying in the bath," I said and she nodded breathlessly. "On the next contraction you're going to push alright?" the midwife asked and she nodded.

"Ross, I'm scared," my wife whimpered and I kissed her bare shoulder. "There's no need to be scared. I'm going to be here the whole time. You're not doing this alone, I promise you," I said and a whine of discomfort left her mouth.

She suddenly gripped my hand the hardest she's ever had and a scream escaped her mouth. "That's right, Mrs Lynch, just push when it feels natural," the midwife said and just then I lost feeling in my hands.

"I'm sorry if I'm hurting you," Y/N breathed out and I shook my head. "Hurt me all you want, baby," I said and a whine escaped her mouth.

"Can the other two please leave the room? I'm sorry, but I just feel really crowded," she said and the two nurses nodded before exiting the bathroom.

"Alright, Mrs Lynch, let's do this. Whenever you're ready or on the next contraction," the midwife said as Y/N leaned more into my chest.

After a minute the head was finally out, followed by his shoulders. The labour went faster than I thought. When the baby slipped out, Y/N gently pushed the midwife's hands away and grabbed our son, pulling him into her chest.

Not long after a loud scream filled the bathroom and I took time to inspect my son. "Hey, baby," Y/N sobbed lightly as she wiped a hand gently over his head. I carefully took his tiny hand in mine, completely overcome with emotion as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He's beautiful," I said as I ran my hand up his small arm. "Reagan," Y/N suddenly whispered and I toyed around with the name in my head.

"That's perfect," I said and kissed her shoulder. "Reagan Ross Lynch," she said and I turned my face to hers. "His middle name-"

I cut myself off as my voice broke and she nodded. "I want him to be named after one of the most important men in my life," Y/N whispered and I grinned happily down at her.

*^*^*

"Go to sleep, sweetheart," I said and kissed Y/N's forehead as she lied in our bed. "But Reagan-"

"Reagan will be with me the whole time and he just ate. Try to get in a couple of hours before he needs to eat again," I said and she whined in protest.

"I don't want to leave him. He's so beautiful," she whispered as she started at Reagan in his crib and I chuckled.

"I know, angel, but he's going to be here when you wake up. He's going to be with us for the rest of our lives. You need to rest," I said and she nodded reluctantly. After a minute she was passed out cold and Reagan was softly whining in his crib beside the bed.

"Hey, little man," I cooed and gently picked up my son. "Are you nice and full?" I whispered as I made sure to support his head. "Let me give you a tour," I said and slightly rocked him as I walked out of the room.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen. "This is where your mom and I usually make dinner. I suppose I'll be making dinner for a while now though. Your mommy makes delicious food. She's the best cook ever," I said and walked to the living room.

"This is the living room. Here we'll watch some football or baseball or even ballet if you want," I said and he cooed softly in my arms, snuggling closer to my chest which caused my heart to warm.

When I was done I took him into his nursery.

"This is your room. In a month or two you'll probably start sleeping here. Don't worry, though, mommy and I are always just across the hall," I said and walked back to our room.

I saw his eyes drooping and smiled softly as I gently started rocking him. Not long after he was asleep and I tucked him into his crib, making sure he was safe and warm, before joining my wife in bed, mentally preparing myself for being woken up again in a few hours.