That spark (@teenbeanmovie)

teenbeanmovie
Rourtney Imagine
Ross's POV

"Promise we'll stay friends?" Courtney asked and I nodded although I could feel my heart shattering. "Yeah. Maybe it'll be a little hard at first, but we'll stay friends," I told my now ex-girlfriend and she nodded. "It's for the best," she said and I nodded in agreement.

After months of constant arguing and, really, just falling out of love, Courtney and I decided to call it quits. Despite the breakup we decided to stay friends. We still care for each other.

"I should get going. I have a date," she said and I looked at her, gobsmacked. "We literally just broke up," I almost yelled in my and Ryland's apartment and giggles tumbled out of her mouth. "I'm just kidding," she said and I rolled my eyes. "Har har," I laughed sarcastically before I smiled.

"But I do have to go get my mother from the airport. I'll text you later," she said and I nodded before leaning down and giving her a kiss.

As soon as I realised what I was doing I pulled away, wide eyed. "I'm so sorry! It was out of impulse," I quickly explained and she chuckled softly. "Ross don't worry about it. We'll get used to it," she comforted and I nodded before she gave me a tight hug.

"Bye, Ross," she said as she opened the door and I greeted her before she walked out.

I let out a big sigh before closing the door and leaning against it. Well this is going to be interesting.

3 months later

"I still don't understand why we have to go on this double date," my new girlfriend, Millie, huffed as I pulled on my shoes. "Because Courtney is my friend, Millie, and she wants us to get to know Chad," I said, referring to Courtney's boyfriend, before I walked over to Millie and lightly grabbed both of her cheeks.

"Please don't make this unpleasant. I know how you feel about Courtney, but I'm with you not her. I wouldn't be with you if I was still in love with her," I told her.

'You're lying,' a small voice in my head sang, but I quickly pushed it away and focused on Millie.

"I just..." she trailed off with a sigh and shrugged. "It's not Courtney," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I was friends with Chad. I'm just nervous about seeing him," Millie shrugged and I rubbed her cheek. "Don't worry about him. You don't have to be friends with him. Just please be civil," I begged and she nodded.

"Of course I will," Millie smiled and leaned up to kiss me. I kissed her back, but I felt absolutely nothing. I didn't feel the butterflies I had with Courtney or the spark.

There was nothing wrong with Millie. Absolutely nothing. In fact if I met her before Courtney we might have had a real spark. But I don't think that I'm completely over Courtney yet. It's been three months and I still can't get her out of my mind.

I still haven't even been intimate with Millie since Courtney hasn't left my mind. I didn't get intimate because I wouldn't be able to make love to one woman while in love with another. It wouldn't be fair to Millie and I didn't want to hurt her.

"We should probably get going," Millie smiled and I smiled back before we walked out of my room. I heard Millie snicker and I looked at her in question. "Apparently Ryland thinks it's necessary to hang a sock on his door knob if he's getting laid," she said and I looked to Ryland's door before laughing.

"Thank God our rooms are soundproof," I said as we walked out and to my car.

***

"So how have you guys been?" I asked Courtney and Chad as we all sat down in the restaurant. "We've been good," Chad answered and I smiled at him. I could sense Millie's uncomfortableness so I grabbed her hand under the table and ran my thumb over the back of her hand.