Losing a father

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. For the first time I had a mild case of writer's block, but now I'm back! 

Your POV

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly as I looked at Ross's frozen form on our bed. The black clothes were in contrast with his light hair. He looked like an angel; one who was torn apart to pieces by the loss of his father.

Ross slowly shook his head and I neared his side of the bed. His elbows were resting on his knees and he was staring blankly at a wall.

We just got back from the heart wrenching funeral. The kids were at my mom's for the night to give my husband time to rest. Mark's life was cut short by a slippery snowy road and a child being pushed in front of his car. The kid was alright; Mark wasn't.

Our whole family was hurting. I was hurting, but I had to stay strong for Ross.

"I'm sorry," I spoke softly and laid my hand on his. He intertwined our fingers and gently kissed the back of my hand.

"Why don't you go take a shower? I'll make your favourite food for dinner and afterwards we can just relax," I said and he nodded. "Thank you for taking such good care of me," Ross whispered and I kissed his clothed shoulder.

"I'd do anything for you, baby. Go have a shower," I said and we both stood up. Ross gently cupped my face in his hands and kissed me gently. "I just want this pain to go away. I want to feel better," Ross whimpered with tears in his eyes and my heart clenched at the sight of him.

"Help me," he begged as he pulled me closer and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you want me to do, baby?" I asked softly as I wiped away some hair from his face. I was prepared to do anything to help him.

"Just take the pain away. Even if it's only temporary," he begged as he gently pushed me on the bed and climbed on top of me. "Ross-"

"Please," he whispered again and I sighed before nodding. Before I knew it we were naked under the covers and Ross's hips were thrusting against mine. His eyes were only focused on me and his mind blank as small moans escaped his mouth.

Time went by quickly and when he was finished his face was in my neck as he panted for air. It didn't take long for his tears to wet my neck and I pulled him into my arms, trying my best to comfort him.

*^*^*

"How was the shower?" I asked as Ross walked into the kitchen. I was in front of the stove preparing his favourite meal for him.

"It was good. Thank you for everything, Y/N," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around me from the back. "You know I'm always here for you," I said and Ross nodded. "And I love you for that. I miss the kids thought," Ross said.

"It is very quiet. I just want you to relax tonight. Everything is sorted out. It's just you and me, alright? You don't have to put up a front and pretend to be okay," I said gently and he cupped my cheek with his palm.

"I honestly have the best wife in the whole world," Ross said and I blushed lightly. "I have the perfect husband," I stated before he kissed me softly again.

The next day, before we went to get the kids, Riker and Savannah showed up at our door. "Hey, guys," I tried to smile as I saw Riker's hollow eyes and the black bags beneath them. A very pregnant Savannah stood next to him, her due date only a week away.

"Hi. We're sorry to just barge in; is it okay if I talk to Ross?" Riker asked and I nodded. "Of course it is. Come in on," I said and led them to Ross who was in the living room. His hair was a mess. He had on grey sweat pants with a white t-shirt.