The Revelation

~Previously in: "For the Fame:" After the Duffers convinces Millie and Finn to 'date' to bring back the fame, things escalated quite quickly. A person could no longer consider it fake dating. they have both fallen in love with each other. Right now Millie is in Vancouver visiting Finn. In the last chapter they spent the day visiting the places Finn grew up in. At the end of the day, Millie lost a necklace and was panicking about it. Finn kisses her to calm her down. He thought it was dark enough that no one would recognize them, but he was wrong. The chapter ended in a third person POV of a camera clicking in the trees behind them.

___________________________

~Millie's P.O.V~

Buzz buzz buzz. Buzz buzz buzz. My eyes crack open. I reach into my back pocket to grab my phone. The time catches my eye. It's 9:31 a.m! My phone is blowing up. It was in do not disturb until 9:30 so everything is coming through now. Three missed calls from Ross, two from Matt. A text from Shawn. 4 texts and a missed FaceTime from Sadie. A text from Gaten. One from Caleb as well. 12 from Noah, all in caps. Both my friends Maddy and Lila have texted me a couple times. What the heck is going on?

I open up my messages from Noah and am dumbfounded by the picture he sent me. I click it to make it bigger. There is no doubt in my mind, that is me and Finn. We are standing in the dark on the edge of the water,  only slightly lit by the streetlights.  I look panicked.

Swiping to the next photo, I notice how Finn is holding my hands but I am not looking at him.

In the next photo, his hands cup my face and our lips are pressed together.

I keep swiping and see the last photo. In this one Finn is kissing my forehead.

"No no no no." I say out loud as I look over them again. This time I wake up the sleeping boy beside me. We are both still wearing our clothes from yesterday and are lying on the couch. We must have fallen asleep last night.

He shifts positions and rubs his eyes. "What? Is everything alright Babe?" Finn asks in a groggy voice.

In response I hand him my phone. He flicks through the pictures before shutting off my phone and mumbling a 4 letter word. Followed by another curse towards paparazzi.

After an awkward moment of silence, he speaks up. "Well, I guess now we don't have to worry about hiding it from the public anymore." Is all that he says.

___________________________

~Finn's P.O.V.~

This takes a huge weight off my shoulders! I mean, I know Millie's not thrilled about it, but I was tired of the secrets, the lies, the hiding. I just want it to be out in the open. I want to tell the world that I am dating the most beautiful girl. I want to let them know that she is mine.

Millie would beg to differ.

"How can you be happy about this?! Our entire plan is ruined." She criticizes me.

"How is it ruined? The plan was always to bring back the fame by us dating." I open my phone to Instagram. And point it towards her. "My DMs are busier than they have been in over a year! This is exactly what we wanted to happen!"

"But we were supposed to let the fans know slowly, to grab their attention. This was supposed to save our careers and the show. What if it doesn't work anymore because we told them the truth too quickly?

"Millie. It's going to work out fine. I can feel it in my gut. But, none of that matters that much anymore. Now all that matters is that we are together. Let season 4 be a success or a failure, as long as I've got you by my side it doesn't matter." I gently use that as a question, hoping for confirmation from her that I am correct.