Facetime

^^ I wish I was there so bad!!! It's the Stranger Things maze at the Halloween Horror Nights 2018 at Universal Studios Hollywood.
__________________________

Previously In "For the Fame:" After The Duffers suggested that Millie and Finn 'Date' to bring back the fame, Millie broke up with Jacob.

Jacob didn't take it too well and hurt her, but Finn saved her and then took her into the hospital. She has a fractured rib. Now they are back at her house after a long day.

~Millie's P.O.V.~
Later that night, me and Finn are sitting in my living room watching Modern Family. I have an ice pack held against my stomach to help numb the pain that is starting to return. It is almost 10 pm. The episode ends and Finn speaks up.

"I should probably get back to my hotel now, and let you go to bed." He says as he stands up.

"No." I say the words without thinking. "I don't think I'm ready to drive just yet, you can stay in Charlie's room." I tell him. Charlie is my older brother, he's away with my parents right now anyway.

"Are you sure your parents would be okay with me spending the night?" I know what he is talking about, it is not Finn himself that is the problem. It's just boys in general. My parents are very strict about that.

"They don't even have to know." I reassure him. "We can go get your stuff from your hotel tomorrow."

I helped change the sheets on Charlie's bed and found Finn a new pillowcase, then went to bed myself.

It couldn't be all that bad, 'dating' Finn. He was very sweet and kind and helpful today. I decide to call Sadie again. She is the only one that knows about this whole thing with Finn. I pull out my iPad and open the FaceTime app.

Sadie picks up after a few rings, looking half asleep. "Millie?" She asks groggily.

"Sorry to call so late, I just need to talk to you." I apologize. It's 1:15 her time.

"It's fine, how are things going?"

"It's been an...interesting day." I tell her.

"What do you mean?"

"This morning, while I was trying to get ready to go for lunch with Finn, Jacob showed up at my house, wanting to apologize for yesterday. I wouldn't accept his apology and left in a hurry." I am talking really fast. " then I went for lunch and me and Finn talked—"

Sadie cuts me off. "What was your decision?!?" She asks eagerly.

"We...we decided to go for it, and give it a try." I nervously tell her.

"Really?! What about Jacob?"

"I broke up with him earlier, he didn't take it too well."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...he sent me to..." I begin crying at this last part. "To urgent care." Sadie gasps. "He...he beat me Sadie. He fractured one of my ribs!" I sob. "I can't believe he would do such a thing!" I yell.

"Did you call the police on him?" Sadie questions.

"No. Finn saved me, and he beat up Jacob. He told Jacob that if he said a word to anyone, he would tell the world what Jacob did to me." I have mostly managed to get my tears under control now.

"Oh Millie, I'm sorry, I wish I could be there with you." Sadie tells me.

Just then there is a knock on my door. I wipe my eyes and nose and then say "come in."

Finn cracks my door open. He probably heard my yelling. "Hey, are you o—" he pauses mid sentence, noticing my iPad in front of me. "Is that Sadie?" He asks instead. I nod and invite him to come sit. I slide over on my bed to make room for him to sit.

"Oh, Finn's there right now?" Sadie asks when she sees Finn sit down.

"Im staying in Charlie's room to keep an eye on Millie until her parents get home on Tuesday." He explains. Then he turns to me.

"I heard you crying in here, is everything okay?" He asks, sounding kind and sincere.

"I just, I can't believe Jacob would do such a thing. How could I date such a monster?" I break out in tears again. Finn puts an arm around me and pulls me in a side hug.

"Has it ever happened before?" Sadie pipes up.

"No, he can be harsh sometimes if he's mad...or drunk. But he's never physically hurt me before." I reassure Them both. The tears just keep coming.

"Come here." Finn says softly. He wraps his other arm around me and I lean my head on his chest. I bend my legs and curl into a ball as Finn holds me, not caring that Sadie's watching. We are all such good friends that it's not unusual for one of us to console another like this.

His steady beating heart helps calm me and my crying slows.

In order to avoid talking about Jacob again, the three of us end up talking about me and Finn dating...which isn't that much better. After a while, we let Sadie go back to sleep.

"I should go too, so you can get a good sleep." As Finn says this he begins to stand up. He let go of me and I immediately had this feeling of loneliness. I still needed him.

I grab his arm. "No, please stay." I say bluntly.

"Okay..." he replies unsteadily.

"At least until I fall asleep."

He nods and shifts his body around so he can pull my blankets out from under us. He lifts them up and I wiggle under them, he slides downward. I roll over again and lay my head back on his chest. He slides his arms back around me, and we lay there, silent.

___________________________

~Finn's P.O.V.~

I hear her tell me to stay, and my body immediately tenses up. I know her Dad would kill me if he saw us, even though they don't know that we are supposed to be 'dating.'

I feel like I am breaking every rule in this household, yet I still obey Millie.

After lifting up the blanket, I crawled under it and laid there. She wiggled closer to me and turned over, wincing a little bit as she did. She laid her head on my chest again. The touch sent a shot of electricity through my veins. I wrapped my arms around her again.

After a few minutes of silence I whispered something. "I will never ever let Jacob hurt you again." I wasn't sure if Millie heard me or if she was already asleep, but even saying that made me feel better.

I think I saw the corners of her mouth turn up slightly as I said that though. As I drifted off to sleep, I noticed the scent of her hair. It was like vanilla, with a touch of lemongrass, an odd combination, but somehow so calming.

At this moment, I didn't ever want to leave her, but I knew in a couple days I would have to get home. With this new plan, I would get to see her a lot more than I usually do.

Part of me was excited to begin our 'relationship' and part of me was scared to death. But in this moment, none of that mattered. It was just her and I. I was simply comforting a friend in need.

This Chapter was really cheesy wasn't it? I am going to do a time jump next chapter so that we can actually get into some more Fillie action.

Don't forget to vote/comment. I love hearing your thoughts! Love you!

Also, I don't usually do shoutouts, but I just caught up on a Fillie book that is absolutely incredible, I strongly suggest that you go read it. The book is called "His Green Jacket" by hcppytrcsh. GO READ IT!

~Brooke 🌺✨

Word Count: 1332