The "Date" - Part 1

Previously in "For the Fame:"

When Stranger Things became a thing of the past and began losing viewers in 2020, the Duffer brothers convinced Millie and Finn to start dating, to attract the fans attention again. They are only dating for the fame, so that they can save their careers.

When Millie broke up with Jacob, so she could start this thing with Finn, he didn't take it to well and sent her to the emergency wing of the hospital with a fractured rib, putting off their plans to start "dating."

A couple weeks after this all started, Finn was back in LA, where Millie lives, to begin the project. Last chapter he arrived in LA, and showed Millie the view of the pier from his hotel room, at the same time he opened up to her about some personal stuff going on in his life. Today is the day that they are going to go on their first fake date.

~Finn's P.O.V~

I have been anxiously pacing around my room for the past 15 minutes. It's 12:05 pm, Millie should be here any minute. What do I say to her? How do I act? I've never been on a fake date before. I tossed and turned so much last night, anticipating today.

My eye keeps glancing at the clock as the seconds tick by. 12:06. 12:07. 12:08. 12:09. Where is she? She was supposed to be here nine minutes ago! Did she stand me up? Or back out last second? Just then my phone buzzes.

Millie: I'm here, I'll meet you in the lobby.

I finally let out the breath that I did not realize I had been holding in. My hands trample as I write back.

Me: ok, I'll be right there.

I reach the lobby to see Millie. She is wearing a black lace tank top tucked into a mint green mini skirt. Her hair is in curls that fall over her shoulders, glowing in the light. Her smile is radiant and her eyes look so welcoming as she sees me and gives a little wave.

(Millie's Outfit)

___________________________

~Millie's P.O.V.~

Finn should be downstairs any second. I am so nervous. I haven't been on a date with anyone except Jacob before. My last first date was 2 years ago.

I see that familiar freckled face coming down the hallway, sending butterflies fluttering around my stomach. On his torso sits a white dress shirt tucked into a pair of navy blue shorts. The sleeves are rolled up halfway. A light brown belt sits in between the two. He cleans up nicely for a casual "date."

(Finn's Outfit)