The "Date" - part 2

Previously in "For the Fame:"

Millie and Finn are halfway through their first "date." The Duffers convinced them to start fake dating to bring back the fame.

In the first half of the date, they went to the Santa Monica pier. They had lunch and then went down to the beach were they played for a couple hours, until something happened, and they almost kissed. It was an an accident and they are now both feeling awkward about it. They were just caught up in the moment.

They finished at the beach and are now on their way to dinner.

~Finn's P.O.V.~

I take Millie down to the very end of the pier to a restaurant called Mariasol Cocina Mexicana.

I had already reserved us a table for two last night. The waiter leads us to a table overlooking the ocean.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" Millie beams as we sit down. The waiter asks us what we want to drink.

We are both below the legal drinking age, so we order two Shirley Temples, the non-alcohol kind.

After about five minutes of looking over the menu, the waiter returns with our two red and orange drinks. We are ready to order. I order a Puerto Nuevo Lobster, while Millie orders a Fajita.

We chit chat for a few minutes until the food came. She asked me about my band and how it is doing. Turns out that she has all of my albums on vinyl records, I had no idea that she had even heard any of my songs.

The food comes and it smells delicious. Millie's fajita came with both rice and refried beans. She grins as the food is set in front of us.

I dig into my lobster as Millie begins to eat her fajita. "Mmm, this is delicious!" I say without meaning to.

"Mhmm." Millie agrees with her mouthful. She finishes chewing before speaking. "Wanna try some?" She asks, offering her plate to me.

"Sure, want some lobster?" I ask her. She nods and we switch plates. I try a little bit of everything on her plate, while she munches on the lobster.
After a minute or so, we switch back.

Outside the window you can see hints of pink in the sky. We finish up our dinner and then head out of the restaurant.

"I was thinking we could head to the pacific park next, they have a nighttime pass over the summer for after dark, but we should wait a bit after eating." I tell Millie. The pacific park is a twelve-ride amusement park on the pier, I thought it would be a good way to end the day. (A/N: I have no idea what the hours or passes of the pacific park are, I made the nighttime pass thing up.)

"Yeah, why don't we take a walk?" She replies.

We walk back down to the end of the pier and to the shore of the beach. We both take off our shoes and leave them somewhere easy to find again.

We take off our shoes and walk along the shore with the ends of the waves covering our feet and the sand between our toes. The sun is starting to dip lower in the sky.

___________________________

~Millie's P.O.V~

It is beautiful out, the sunset is gorgeous, but the walk is silent. All you can hear is the faint whisper of the footsteps above the crashing waves.

Neither me or Finn know what to say, I think we both know what we need to talk about, but neither of us wants to bring it up. After what feels like forever, I decide I can't stand the silence and start talking, still avoiding the topic of our almost-kiss.