The Phone Call

~Millie's P.O.V.~

Suddenly my nightstand began to vibrate, making me wake up. It was my phone. I wrapped my fingers around it and flipped it over to see who was calling me this early in the morning. The caller ID read 'Matt Duffer.'

Sliding my finger across the screen, I answered it and put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" I asked in a groggily voice.

"Hey Millie! Im sorry, did I wake you?" Came Matt's cheery voice.

"No, no." I lied. "I was already up."

"Okay, well anyways, we are back in LA now and would like to meet with you later tonight. We have something very important to discuss with you." The Duffers both love here, but travel a lot of the time.

"Okay, what time?" I asked.

"Umm, 1 second." Matt said. I could hear a couple muffled voices on the other end but couldn't make out what they were saying. Matt started talking again. "7, we will send a driver to come and get you around 6:30 if that's okay."

"Yup, see ya later!" I replied

"See you." He said, then hung up.

What could they have to discuss with me? It was probably something about the Stranger Things 4 premier. It is the beginning of August 2020, the premier is at the end of October, three months away. Although the premiere wasn't going to be as huge as last year, I was kind of nervous. Stranger Things has become a thing of the past. Two years ago I had over 16 million followers on Instagram. I'm now down to 8 million. Even with the new season coming out soon, me and the rest of the cast have not done many interviews. The last one I did was like 3 months ago, and the last awards show I was at was about 4. I don't really know what happened. It was like I was in the spotlight of fame, then the light got switched off.

The Duffer Brothers had hoped that the fame would pick up as we got closer to season 4 but it hasn't.

My phone buzzed with a text. I looked at the screen.

Jacob: So, about that premiere...

________________________

~Finn's P.O.V.~

I walked in the door after my morning jog and went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I had recently picked up jogging every morning.

I took my phone out of my arm band and pulled out my earbuds. I looked at the stopwatch on my phone. 28:54. It had taken me nearly half an hour to run five kilometres. Yes, I measure stuff in kilometres, that is how it works in Canada. That is about 3.1 miles.

I was about to set my phone down on the counter when it began to ring. The caller ID read Ross Duffer.

"Hey Ross!" I huffed.

"Hey Finn! Do you have any major plans for today or tomorrow?" Ross asked. Strange question.

"Not a lot. I was gonna go hang out with some friends later today, but don't have a lot planned for tomorrow." I told him.

"Do you think you could hang out with your friends some other time? Matt and I have something that we would like to talk to you about in person."

"Okay?" I said, confused.

"Listen, we booked you a plane ticket to LA at 2:57 pm today. It is very important."

"You want me to come to LA, today?"

"Yes."

"Okay, just give me one second." I covered the mouthpiece with my hand and went upstairs to find my mom. I told her what Ross said. She nodded and told me she would drive me to the airport. I put the phone back to my ear. "Yup, I can make it."

"Okay, we will have a driver pick you up from the airport and take you to where we are going to have the meeting."

"Okay, bye." I said.

"See ya." Ross answered, then we both hung up.

So I guess I'm going to LA. I pulled out my phone and texted my friends to let them know I couldn't make it today.

I think Millie may be living in LA right now. Maybe I can hang out with her a bit while I'm there. We still have to be careful about fans, although there arent as many, the ones that are left still make everything into a Fillie moment. But we still hang out when we can, we just don't go into public.

Then I remembered Millie's on-again off-again boyfriend, Jacob. Judging by her Instagram story right now they are on-again, and he is in LA. I would rather not see him right now. It's not that I don't like Millie dating, it's that I don't like him. I met him once and he seemed really...fake. I think he is just using Millie. Gosh I hope she doesn't invite him to the Stranger Things 4 premiere!

I went upstairs to pack my bags for the trip. I forgot to ask how long I'd be there for, so I packed enough for a week just to be safe.

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! This chapter is shorter than most will be. Please vote and comment! Thank you so much for reading!
~Brooke 🌺✨