Chapter 33: Destiny Fulfilment

Ethan slowly traversed the darkened hallways of the castle, "What the Hell has he done to the place?" he gasped, "This is just... wrong". The walls were covered in black carvings, skulls, dying humans, screaming faces, and all other forms of nightmare fuel. "Where is everyone?" He Thought, but then he remembered "Of course, the ballroom". Suddenly he heard what sounded like a patrol of heavily armed men, he then saw a knight stature in a dark corner and he had a plan. He removed the armor set and stood in it's place by replicating it's pose as accurately as humanly possible. He closed his eyes as the dark posse passed by "The Ultimate Prince has been spotted entering the premise, he must be take care of" a Soldier Decleared, "We must locate him at once" Replied another "Or Lord Chernabog will have our souls... again", "Get searching" Said a third and they all split up to find the target of red. "Thank god for that..." Ethan Gasped "Now to find the ballroom", he searched high and low all the while remaining undetected "God damn it where the hell is it!?" He Growled angrily. After a while, he finally gave a long loud sigh, "It's hopeless... despite the trainign, despite the perfection, despite the execution, I'll never truly stop Chernabog from killing us all off forever... I'm a mere mortal compared to the likes of him... I'm legally a child, why was I ever considered?!" He began to tear up and collapsed onto the ground, "What kind of Prince am I?" he spat at himself, "One that falls so quickly he even fails to keep his mind intact and keep others happy?! Because it sure seems it!". After another minute of sobbing quietly, there was a bright flash of light, and there standing before him was... "Walter, what do you want..." he sobbed angrily, "Can't you see I'm busy crying myself to death?". "Yes, I do," Walter stated, "Which is exactly why I... excuse me, THEY are here to restore your confidence." After placing a hand above his head and fading in a light, the Princes appeared in unison. They all gathered round the youngest, some even kneeling down beside him. "You seem afraid," frowned Prince Charming. "That's why we're here once more, to help you... once more," Prince Eric said, putting on a smile. Then, they all took turns singing each verse of a song filled with pure motivation.

"T-T-Thank you... for the encouragement," Ethan said tearfuly as his face lit up "I think... i think i'm ready. Ready to end it all, no atter how long it's lasted". "You can do this, we know you can," smiled Prince Naveen. "We believe in you, ALL of us" smiled Prince Philip. "And so do the important ladies of our lives," finished Prince Charming. There was a long silence, "Your partners?" asked Ethan "You mean...". "Yes," Charming replied, "Our Princesses, they do as well".

"Wait a moment..." Walter Interupted, "Where are they? You don't think...", "That they're trapped in the ballroom with everyone else?" Ethan asked in a sheepishly skeptical sort of way. "Oh no..." gasped Prince Eric, "He's right!". "This certainly isn't good," frowned Walter, "That must mean that they're trying to protect Princess Sofia and her family from the horrible fate that awaits them! We have to find them, now!". "If Chernabog gets his claws on the little one, he won't just hurt her... or scarr her for life. He'll do BOTH, and even more after that!" gulped Prince Florian. "He's going to TRY," Ethan said boldly as he got back up, his eyes glowing bright red in the process. "He will not succeed, not as long as the Legend of the Ultimate Prince continues to live on. If I have to be the one to take the fall in order to end this living Hell... so be it!", Walter and the Princes looked at him in surprize "That's... very noble of you," Walter smiled proudly, "But please, don't do anything needless; don't take the fall if you don't need to. But always focus on what's important, no matter the cost". "And that is why I have to do this," Ethan replied, "Because... It's my destiny..." Walter gently put his hand on his shoulder, "You finally see, don't you?" he said, "Why you were chosen to carry out the unfolding of the story... because you are special, just like your sister". "She was chosen to become the Protector of the Ever Realm, where as you were chosen to become the Ultimate Prince, or in more modern words, the 'Defender' of the Ever Realm". "So... we ARE alike in most ways," Ethan realized, "When I finally kill that bastard and save her and my family, I'm going to give her the biggest hug any human male could possibly give, and show this planet that this is where I truely BELONG". "Then go forth, Ultimate Prince," smiled Walter, "Go forth and save the Ever Realm from eternal extinction!". "I WILL destroy Chernabog, if it's the last thing I ever do," Ethan replied sharply, "I will destroy every. single. soldier in his entire legion if i must!". "You've got this, Ethan!" smiled Aladdin. "The entire Ever Realm is counting on you," said Prince Naveen. "The fate of our entire existance rests in YOUR hands," said Beast. "Remember what we all tought you," smiled Prince Eric. "He'll try to put you down emotionally, or strike you with you're worst fears. Don't listen to him and don't back down, regardless of what comes out of his mouth," Prince Philip advised. "Good luck, Your Highness," Walter smiled, before he and the Royals slowly faded away into nothing. Ethan felt a tear ocean coming on once more, but fully held them in and took multiple deep breaths. At last, he began making his way to find the ballroom once more, "Ruler of the unspeakable, I grow closer every passing second. Prepare yourself... for I already have," he snarled.